Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Problem #2. I'm a lefty. So shit's all fuckin' bassackwards.

I shoot lefty also. I use the mounting point on the stock and farthest out on the hand guard I can attach the sling.

LMuP6Gm.jpg

Yes, I don't own a lpvo yet but I've used quite a few on friends or friends of friends rifles. I like a small illuminated dot/circle/horseshoe/whatever at 1x and then expand from there. I also like being able to use holds at any (specifically the ability to use it at 3-4x) magnification vs only at 6 or 8x. Free standing or any light movement sway is much more noticeable at max magnification. So hunting with one for example depending on the situation I might prefer a lower magnification and I want the reticle to be on at any x. Also in low light lower magnification has better light transmission. Clarity at max magnification can also not be clear as lower magnification.

I didn't dislike the sfp razor I used but I like the versatility of the ffp and the red dot like nature at 1x.

I really liked the Leupold 1-6x 5.56 CMR-W. It's just that 2k is more than I want to spend on a 1-6.

Yes, I don't own a lpvo yet but I've used quite a few on friends or friends of friends rifles. I like a small illuminated dot/circle/horseshoe/whatever at 1x and then expand from there. I also like being able to use holds at any (specifically the ability to use it at 3-4x) magnification vs only at 6 or 8x. Free standing or any light movement sway is much more noticeable at max magnification. So hunting with one for example depending on the situation I might prefer a lower magnification and I want the reticle to be on at any x. Also in low light lower magnification has better light transmission. Clarity at max magnification can also not be clear as lower magnification.

I didn't dislike the sfp razor I used but I like the versatility of the ffp and the red dot like nature at 1x.

I really liked the Leupold 1-6x 5.56 CMR-W. It's just that 2k is more than I want to spend on a 1-6.
Understandable....I prefer sfp for most of my shooting. Different strokes. And finding everything you want in an optic normally leads to really expensive....so i normally compromise a bit.

I shoot lefty also. I use the mounting point on the stock and farthest out on the hand guard I can attach the sling.

LMuP6Gm.jpg

Thanks. I've tried single-point with the attachment on the receiver endplate. Shit seems to hang too low.

Agree....that's why I no longer care about having an attachment on the endplate.

Yeah. Seemed like such a brilliant idea too.

I've got one of these. Shit's so uncomfortable. I must not be doing it right. Maybe it's because I'm not wearing more than a t-shirt.

537110.jpg

This I kinda liked. But attaching to the endplate sucked, so now where? To two-point slings I suppose.

Specter-Gear-Gen-2-Viper-Sling.jpg

Yeah. Seemed like such a brilliant idea too.

I've got one of these. Shit's so uncomfortable. I must not be doing it right. Maybe it's because I'm not wearing more than a t-shirt.

537110.jpg

This I kinda liked. But attaching to the endplate sucked, so now where? To two-point slings I suppose.

Specter-Gear-Gen-2-Viper-Sling.jpg
Single points tend to smack me in the nuts.....no thanks. 2 point only for me. The one I use has a strip of nylon so you can quickly draw it up tight or loosen it.

https://www.primaryarms.com/blue-force-gear-padded-2-point-vickers-sling-black

2 points here also
I have a ferro concepts slingster and love it.

Also have an Ed Sherman designs. It's okay, it's more minimalist.

The guy that runs WarriorPoetSociety was talking about slings and about the 1 point:
“Whoever designed this hates men cause all its good for is hitting me in the dick with my rifle”
Absolutely. I tried it once.....never again.

Absolutely. I tried it once.....never again.
I have a sling that can do both single and two point and tried it in single point....

I was walking around like Hank Hill after Bobby kicked him the first time after doing a standing rifle to pistol transition

I have a sling that can do both single and two point and tried it in single point....

I was walking around like Hank Hill after Bobby kicked him the first time after doing a standing rifle to pistol transition
You end up spending all your time trying not to get smacked in the nuts, only to get smacked in the nuts anyhow......nope. 2 point and call it a day.

You end up spending all your time trying not to get smacked in the nuts, only to get smacked in the nuts anyhow......nope. 2 point and call it a day.

I can quickly get the rifle to my side/back and out of the way with single but it still bounces and flops obnoxiously all over. It's vastly inferior to 2 point.

I have a couple magpul ms4 dual QD slings. I'm going to buy a blue force gear one soon as well. After trying one I really liked it.

However I go back and forth on my thoughts of using single point configuration on an HD gun. It's slightly faster to get on and use immediately, you can easily transition the rifle to both shoulders so much so you can even put the sling on incorrectly(weak side) and it will still function fine for your strong side. It's simplicity, dexterity if you will and quickness might be great for a hd type scenario.

I can quickly get the rifle to my side/back and out of the way with single but it still bounces and flops obnoxiously all over. It's vastly inferior to 2 point.

I have a couple magpul ms4 dual QD slings. I'm going to buy a blue force gear one soon as well. After trying one I really liked it.

However I go back and forth on my thoughts of using single point configuration on an HD gun. It's slightly faster to get on and use immediately, you can easily transition the rifle to both shoulders so much so you can even put the sling on incorrectly(weak side) and it will still function fine for your strong side. It's simplicity, dexterity if you will and quickness might be great for a hd type scenario.
I agree....but I try to keep things consistent. I use a 2 point for everything.
My buddy likes a single point and brings up the same points that you did. Gotta go with what works for you.

I recommend watching the inrange tv video on sling use. They show seem neat tricks with a 2 point sling for getting it out of the way quick, etc

2 point v-tac sling all day long. Best sling I’ve ever used.

Only use single with an mp5 or small smg, or breaching shotgun, with a catch on my belt to keep it place.

Back in the mid 2000s single point slings were a thing but a few missions with one and they got shit canned.

Centurion rail and Radian upper came today. Judt mocking up the noveske upper to make sure it clears the switchblock.

1T5Udwr.jpg

rT6ken6.jpg

48VK0Ul.jpg

NLhS7u0.jpg

Back