Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Waiting on the slr gas block. Will get it engraved and completed after new years.

Titanium SLR sentry 6 and slr black nitride gas tube showed up.

lvPEAkI.jpg

Once both my suppressors show up at my ffl(should be next week) I'll go there and get the lower on this engraved and I'll put it together.

Reroute on a completely unrelated note did you hear I am above and if so what did you think.

I finally got an optic on the 10.5 went with a eotech 512 because it was 100 bucks off. I like it so far playing with it but need to rezero. Also swapped to a spikes St t2 which the I internet says shouldn't work with a geissele super 42 spring. It does and it's magical. Immense difference in staying on target. The 10.5 is done for all intents and purposes. So the 13.2 inch build begins now.....

Reroute on a completely unrelated note did you hear I am above and if so what did you think.

I finally got an optic on the 10.5 went with a eotech 512 because it was 100 bucks off. I like it so far playing with it but need to rezero. Also swapped to a spikes St t2 which the I internet says shouldn't work with a geissele super 42 spring. It does and it's magical. Immense difference in staying on target. The 10.5 is done for all intents and purposes. So the 13.2 inch build begins now.....

Yes, better than Battles. Pretty good. The other single they released I didn't like.

Yeh I didn't like the other song either. I saw them when they were in WV in December and am going to see them in Columbus in Feb.

So the sbr is awesome. The pa efab is fantastic, at dusk I wasn't seeing fireballs. Recoil impulse was smooth and it stayed flat. Started getting light primer strikes though, more and more as the day went on to the point where it was quite often. Going to change out the Elftmann trigger and see if that's the issue. I'm pretty sure it is, the reset was feeling kind of sluggish as well. Disappointing but when it worked it was awesome.

Did you settle on what you wanted done to it?

Thinking the way to go is just the upper and handguard. Matching the black color of all the small parts would be great, but I'd rather be able to switch things out without being annoyed by the color on the new parts not being the same.

I'm curing my analysis-paralysis by embracing the adage about the perfect being the enemy of the good.

HZX4SUh.jpg

There was definetely something fucky going on with the Elftmann trigger. Reset is dicked causing the hammer to fall to the half cocked drop safe position. From there, light primer strikes as it wasn't full power.

When it worked the trigger break was amazing. The company says they stand behind their products, we'll see.

Geissele SD-3G is probably going to stay in this though. At least for a while.

There was definetely something fucky going on with the Elftmann trigger. Reset is dicked causing the hammer to fall to the half cocked drop safe position. From there, light primer strikes as it wasn't full power.

Never heard of that.

Never heard of that.

One of their safety innovations or whatever

AR15Hunter-Elftmann-Trigger-Match-4.jpg

This half cock notch is why Elftmann claims to be “100% Drop-Safe.” Should an impact to the firearm cause the sear to slip or otherwise release, the hammer will stop on the half cock notch or “drop safety” and will not strike the firing pin. This may let ELF get a little more aggressive on the height of the hammer hook in order to reduce creep without compromising ultimate safety.

One of their safety innovations or whatever

AR15Hunter-Elftmann-Trigger-Match-4.jpg

This half cock notch is why Elftmann claims to be “100% Drop-Safe.” Should an impact to the firearm cause the sear to slip or otherwise release, the hammer will stop on the half cock notch or “drop safety” and will not strike the firing pin. This may let ELF get a little more aggressive on the height of the hammer hook in order to reduce creep without compromising ultimate safety.

Is there really a concern out there that AR triggers aren't drop-safe?

Is there really a concern out there that AR triggers aren't drop-safe?

Not really sure tbh probably on light and or match triggers with smooth minimal sear engagement I'd imagine it's a possibility. A heavy service trigger with long gritty take up probably not.

Not really sure tbh probably on light and or match triggers with smooth minimal sear engagement I'd imagine it's a possibility. A heavy service trigger with long gritty take up probably not.
Maybe not the ones from Fostech but those more... gimmicky? triggers might have issues too.

I picked up one of these brass-catchers for the belt-fed. Should catch the links too. QD mount. Folds in/out with detent positions.

DSC_0706_2__59526.1459902806.JPG

Finally got the Lantac Dragon on the belt-fed. Removing the birdcage turned into an adventure. Went to use the Magpul BEV block for the first time. Turns out it doesn't fit. The barrel/bolt lugs aren't the same on the MCR as an AR15. So I decided to pop out the quick release barrel and put it in the vice. Due to leverage issues, I torque the front site against the vice and it comes off. Kinda fucked up the metal on it and where it attaches. Had to pound it back into shape with a hammer. :mad::(

At that point the barrel went back in the upper and got clamped in using the handguard only. Boy that was easy. Derp.

The crush washer supplied with the dragon didn't like the amount of torque required to get it top-centered. Broke the washer. At that point I didn't give a fuck and just reused the old washer from the birdcage and it worked like a charm. All lined up and tight.

7nQoe3m.jpg

Next project is switching out the lower for it. It doesn't mate well and I don't feel like shaving down the rear takedown pin. Plus, I'm not sure I want the color-fill. Straight black might be the way to go.

Sucks I can't find basic black nutsacks. It's all camo, green, or brown.

Back