Kevin Randleman Saved My Life

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
On The Ropes

I had this thought that I should really just end my life.

I went onto Twitter, This is the end of the ropes. I can’t take life anymore. Goodbye.”

I was really going to do it. I went somewhere, found rope wherever my dad’s shed was.

I get a notification on Twitter. It was from Kevin Randleman.” I think it was a private message.

Hey, are you okay?” asked Kevin. What’s going on?”

I’m just about to kill myself.”

What’s your number?” he asked.

I gave it to him. A couple minutes later I get a call from a withheld number...

Hello, is this Marcus?”

It was Kevin and I broke the f—k down.

One minute you’re about to kick the chair out from under you, and the next second you’re talking to The Monster himself. He talked to me a lot about what happened in his childhood.

About 20 minutes goes by and I told him I want to make a change for myself.

You have to do something about it,” he said. I don’t want you to get off this phone and not do nothing about it. Do something about it.”

I thanked him and I went and got into counseling. I had never talked about when I was molested when I was younger. If Kevin hadn’t talked to me about it, I wouldn’t have faced that issue. Without Kevin Randleman calling me, I’d probably be dead.

-Marcus S., A Fighter’s Legacy

51dzhRMDQFL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
Now if only some rich dude can just wire me 1 million and put it in my savings account.....

That'll surely prevent me from offing myself.

Randleman is the man
Great dude by all accounts
Sad he left us too soon
So many memories

Kevin randleman is a legend when he knocked out cro cop so brutal

Randleman seemed like a genuinely good dude.

Also one of the highest level athletes to compete in MMA.

He truly was a monster.

Rest in peace.

Kevin was a great guy. His big heart always shined through when he wasn't in the ring or cage competing.

Thanks for posting that TS

giphy.gif

Now if only some rich dude can just wire me 1 million and put it in my savings account.....

That'll surely prevent me from offing myself.

I think I can help you with that ! What's your bank account info?

For such a threatening-looking dude Randleman was THE man.

Impossible to not be a fan of Kevin Randleman

At that time I was not a fan
Randleman.gif
Now I can appreciate his career

This is the stuff I care about
Fuck money
Fuck all kinds of fighting

This is the stuff that makes me a fan for life

Kevin Randleman is my favorite -- before Facebook and Twitter, he emailed me a few times after I had emailed him. He inspired me to train hard which greatly contributed to me making the wrestling team in college as a walk on during my 2nd year in school. I wasn't a starter or anything, but he was a significant reason why I got 4 unforgettable years wrestling in college at Cal Poly. He was always from the heart. RIP Monster.

Kevin seemed like completely genuine nice guy. I wish I could have known him personally.

One of my past coaches used to corner Randleman back in Pride, and told me a few stories.

What I remember is that Kevin was a great guy with a big heart who was always haunted by his past. RIP Monster.

The Monster was a good dude.

I'll even risk my sherdog street cred and post a photo I got with Kevin at a live event.

Because of the winter coat, I'm thinking it was Hendo V Spider in Columbus OH. (any sher-sleuths care to investigate)

picture147.jpg

Hespekt. RIP.

Back