Kevin Randleman: Career Highlights

what terrifying specimen he was in his prime.

Yep, we always used to give him flack for his poor technique but it looks like he would have been competitive in today's MMA.

Whatever the case may be... too young.

Could PED use possibly have had anything to do with his death?

did you ever see the staph infection he got...I am surprised he survived that TBH...excellent tribute thread @BisexualMMA ...

You could almost see his ribs... Poor guy... He just wasn't lucky - injuries, decisions, dirty mats, bad refs, and flexible Russian necks all played a part.

Dude was always one fight away from being the top guy, but for whatever reason it never happened for him...

I still think that Bas Rutten beat him in their fight, but had that decision gone his way, who knows what could have happened with his career and life. Might even still be alive.

I also think that if a young Randleman showed up today that he'd be a good prospect, which is rare for old skool guys... Power, TDD, top control, speed... He'd smash the bottom half of the LHW division, I think

You could almost see his ribs... Poor guy... He just wasn't lucky - injuries, decisions, dirty mats, bad refs, and flexible Russian necks all played a part.

Dude was always one fight away from being the top guy, but for whatever reason it never happened for him...

I still think that Bas Rutten beat him in their fight, but had that decision gone his way, who knows what could have happened with his career and life. Might even still be alive.

I also think that if a young Randleman showed up today that he'd be a good prospect, which is rare for old skool guys... Power, TDD, top control, speed... He'd smash the bottom half of the LHW division, I think

He certainly might put the brakes on the "MMA lacks A-level athletes" discussion.

There was one fight where he was on his knees and sprung like a great cat onto the other guy, just from his ankles alone pretty much.

He certainly might put the brakes on the "MMA lacks A-level athletes" discussion.

There was one fight where he was on his knees and sprung like a great cat onto the other guy, just from his ankles alone pretty much.

Most definitely... He'd open up a few less flattering discussions too, but it was a different time, and I'm sure he'd have adapted just fine today.

I can't remember that, but I can remember a wrestling demo that him and Coleman did after some kind d of controversy at an event I can't remember... Way more fun to watch than that demo the Gracies put on at Pride!

Real tears...
Damn..
Thank you so much for so many great moments.
You taught us all so much.
Coming from your nickname it's somehow fitting.

Thanks for everything, mr. Randleman. You were an inspiration to many.

RIP, sir.

My earliest experiences of NHB/MMA were through mid to late 90's Martial Arts magazines. One of the articles that stood out to me was one in Karate Illustrated [90% sure] high lighting Mark Coleman, Kevin Jackson, and Kevin Randleman. What caught my attention was the lengths these men went through to prepare themselves for these fights that were condemned by the main stream at the time as being a modern Gladiatorial Games.

"Wrestling until you puke" was the recommended amount of practice. Randleman seemed larger than life in the pictures, depicting them training. Huge, ripped, and hungry.

RIP, sir. Thank you.

Back