KEVIN MITCHELL vs. DANIEL ESTRADA

Bigko

White Belt
Reaction score
This should be a competitive fight! Mitchell is a 3/1 favorite but Estrada is tough and I wouldn't count him out... he took loads of punishment from Omar and kept on fighting.

Who do you guys see winning this one?

Kevin Mitchell is not the same guy he was back when he was bombing out Carl Johannesson, John Murray and schooling Breidis Prescott.

His losses to Burns and Katsidis were worrying but that's because the guy just couldn't lay off the coke and the booze.

I will say though, Gislain Maduma is a harder sharper puncher than both Katsidis(late career) and Ricky Burns, and was timing Mitchells predictable uppercut-left hook combos and smacking him around the ring for 10 rounds and Mitchell impressed me with how he finally managed to adapt and had Maduma stumbling around like a guy who had downed a liter of vodka despite the punishment dished out to him.

Training with a gym rat like Ricky Burns seems to have worked wonder for Kevin even though he still has his flaws and is getting on in age, perhaps those years of not looking after himself have caught up with him but I have a feeling he is going into this one all guns blazing and while Estrada may have him in trouble early, Mitchells long proven power (28 KOs out of 38 wins) may tell in the end.

I favour Mitchell, as he simply can't afford to lose at this stage of his career, but his career has been underwhelming as far as I'm concerned, and I always feel he is one big shot away from disaster when he fights. Should be good, but Mitchell by late stoppage.

This fight is tonight, sky sport one, televised card starts at 8 UK time.

If Mitchell gets a stoppage it'll be late on, but Estrada isn't exactly feather fisted either. I'm leaning towards the Mexican in this one.

Back