Kevin Lee vs. Al Iaquinta II Targeted For UFC on FOX Milwaukee

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Pettis setting himself up to be the dark horse of the Tournament with his recent performance. Tony will be the real test to see if he has what it takes to get back on top.

Probably half of the participants will pull out for one reason or another so if Pettis can stay healthy he'd automatically advance into the semi finals.

So Lee is 100% off the table for 229 then it seems.

He doesn't make any sense for 229 at this point. The cards already loaded and they already have Tony on the card in case Khabib or Conor fall out

Is Lees whole agenda now to fight guys who just lost to Khabib?
All Lee is doing is fighting Khabibs leftovers. When Khabib fought his opponents they were on a winning streak. Lee always wants to fight guys on a losing one.

Kevin’s talent is undeniable. My biggest? With him is the weight class. Is he going to be able to consistently make it? If he can I think he has the potential to be the next great champion. But I don’t know if he can consistently make it?
He can make it, but like with all guys that miss-near miss, he does not want to give up Muscle. His game, almost more than any1 else at LW, is reliant on strength. If he can't out Muscle guys, he's in trouble.

Al doesnt accept and cries a lot about being paid what hes worth.

Any one else notice how AI jumped a few places up the rankings after losing to Khabib?
Is the ufc trying to fluff Khabib or potentially Lee?

I like this rematch. Think Kevin Lee takes it this time round.

iaquinta smacked him around a bit in the first fight (even dropped him with a jab), but kevin's obviously improved and probably decisions him this time.

just needs to keep it off the feet cause he's chinny.

Rooting for Lee simply because I fucking hate Al with a passion.

Kevin Lee still hasn't beaten a fighter with a wrestling pedigree. This is his second chance at community college wrestler AI aiquinta.

Do you guys think will finally be able to beat a wrestler?

Bad stylistic match up for Lee. Iaquinta is a solid wrestler himself and Lee won't be able to Khabib him. On the feet Al has the advantage too. Plus he already has a win over him.

Picking Iaquinta.

Lee wins the rematch easily. He's improved by leaps and bounds since 2014. Funnily enough, when Lee lost to Iaquinta, he was the same age as Max Holloway when he lost to McGregor, and people still hold those losses against them to this day, as if it has any bearing in 2018.

Of course those losses are still relevant. It's not the end all be all but all fighters have tendencies and patterns that never change. Certain stuff is extremely hard for the brain to rewire.

Of course those losses are still relevant. It's not the end all be all but all fighters have tendencies and patterns that never change. Certain stuff is extremely hard for the brain to rewire.

And Lee still hasn't beat anyone with a wrestling pedigree...he loses to each one he faces.

It's a shame Ragin Al has been so inactive but I have a hard time seeing him take the rematch.

Back