Kevin Lee: "UFC said Makachev isnt a big enough of a draw for a fight with me. Not a big name"

That's what I've been saying, UFC don't want to push Islam into top-10.

What?? Islam has 2 million followers on Instagram. I’d wager he has a pretty big following in Russia and the Muslim world due to his Khabib connection. The matchmakers are shortsighted idiots. They didn’t factor in the international audience

he gave two reasons? the ufc's reason and the reason he thinks ((they dont want him to win because in his mind, Islam is not experienced enough = the same reasoning))

Like I said, he gave a number of reasons in the same few minute interview, I counted 3:

1) Islam isn't a big enough name
2) Islam isn't experienced enough
3) UFC doesn't want Kevin to win (ie they're pairing him against Charles because they think he'll lose)

None of the reasons make sense. UFC may have told him reason 2, and he's making up reasons 1 and 3 to self-promote.

Like I said, he gave a number of reasons in the same few minute interview, I counted 3:

3) UFC doesn't want Kevin to win (ie they're pairing him against Charles because they think he'll lose)

None of the reasons make sense. UFC may have told him reason 2, and he's making up reasons 1 and 3 to self-promote.
#1 makes perfect sense when you consider the fight is in brasil and who they offered him instead
#2 and #3 I would have to think that Lee is the favorite over Charles, so I guess youre right...it doesnt really make sense, Islam has quite abit of experience

Fighter Kevin Lee is a liar!
How is Gillespie bigger than Makhachev?!
Islam Makhachev 1.9 million(!) instagram followers!
Fighter Kevin Lee 300,000 instagram followers!
Gillespie 60,000 instagram followers!

how many of those Islam followers are Russian bots tho?

Is Olivera really more well known? This reason seems odd since Olivera doesn't seem very popular himself.

If he's not, he should be. Do or die fighter with one of the most fan-friendly styles in the division. Has he ever been in a dull bout (other than the first Lentz one)? Seems his bouts almost always end with him either subbing or tko'ing someone or getting put away. He tends to be in exciting bouts and he seems to really be doing well at this stage of his career.

No one wants to fight Makhachev because ”he’s not a big name”.

Can’t be a big name if you can’t get a fight.

<mma3>

Kevin thinks he's a bigger name than he actually is.

Gregor is much less of a name than Islam. Sounds like BS

always seeking for the big money fights fighting championship

he said he talked to them for hours so they could have told him both 1 and 2 because they are kind of related. And 3 would obviously not be something they would say but he feels like is true, but maybe want he meant was they don't want to beat Islam.

I think it's likely the real reason they may not want the fight is because they don't want either to lose right now.

Fighter Kevin Lee is a liar!
How is Gillespie bigger than Makhachev?!
Islam Makhachev 1.9 million(!) instagram followers!
Fighter Kevin Lee 300,000 instagram followers!
Gillespie 60,000 instagram followers!

FKL was in the dog house after a strong of losses but regained his mojo after the Gillespie KO. Kevin is the Motown Phenom! Bernie Sanders in this bitch !

Islam is not well known in the states.

Instagram followers =\= UFC $$ if the followers are mostly foreign

Oliveira in Brazil and Makachev in Russia.... Gotta respect that.

And he just fought Gillespie in New York. The dude doesn't care about fighting guys in front of their home crowd.

doesnt he got almost 2m followers on ig? thats alot more than lee does

I liked it when Fighter Kevin Lee kicked the dude with the funny hair in the face.

FKL was in the dog house after a strong of losses but regained his mojo after the Gillespie KO. Kevin is the Motown Phenom! Bernie Sanders in this bitch !

Islam is not well known in the states.

Instagram followers =\= UFC $$ if the followers are mostly foreign
Yeah, probably that is why he fights Charles "The Cash Cow" Oliveira!

.. But Khabibs father said top 10 guys are frightened by Islam.
Who is lying??!?

Just said on Ariel Helwani show.

The reason the fight didnt get made was because the UFC didnt like the idea. Nobody knows Makachev and Kevin Lee is a big name in the division. They want him in bigger fights.

But Lee said after this fight he will see if he can get the UFC to agree again. And he wants to fight him in Russia.

I guess the only way we see it is if Kevin Lee loses vs Oliveira.
Islam seems more well known than Gregor Gillespie though

Yeah, probably that is why he fights Charles "The Cash Cow" Oliveira!

Well you also have to take into account risk.

Given the choice of two unknown fighters, if your aim is to preserve star power, it's better to fight the lower risk guy.

Maybe they want to see another highlight reel KO out of him.

And yes, Islam is relatively unknown in the US except to hardcore fans.

FKL... “I want to take the Mankchekovi.. fight that Islam MF’r ....”
<4>
UFC... “we want to see your next fight as a main/comain”
<seedat>
FKL “hell yeah, I’ll be all about Mankcwhaz his nuts for that fight”
<{jackyeah}>
UFC “ sorry your not following, we want you versus a worthy opponent ... Mank is, he’s just, you know..a prelim scrub.... get real”
<DisgustingHHH>
FKL....???????
<TheWire1>

Back