Kevin Lee reacts to Justin Gaethje’s win.

Ferguson gets to 190-200 out of camp. He said himself he'd rather fight WW, won TUF as a WW and didn't even have his first LW until after he got his UFC contact but the UFC wants him at LW. I can post the article if you like.

Gaethje said leading up to the Porier fight that he stays within 10 pounds of his fight weight year-round and could fight at FW if he wanted to but he wants to keep his cardio top notch and put on a pace his opponents can't keep up with and cutting weight would hurt him. So 5'11 165-170 isn't think at all. At least not to me. And IIRC I thought both Porier and Alvarez were thicker than Gaethje.

Lee is 5'9/5'10 190 pounds + before cut and will get to at least high 170s if not low 180s in the cage.

I have a hard time believing Gaethje is only 165lbs. He tried wrestling at 149lbs when he was in college and stopped because he couldn't keep making the cut, and he's much bigger now than he was then.

When has Lee shown any power?

I legit dont recall him ever being a threat at all on the feet outside of a headkick he landed on Trinaldo.
He dropped Ferguson with a punch. Who is hittable but usually can just eat punches like cake.

I have a hard time believing Gaethje is only 165lbs. He tried wrestling at 149lbs when he was in college and stopped because he couldn't keep making the cut, and he's much bigger now than he was then.
Hey I agree. I tend to believe almost all fighters put on at least 20 pounds if they're not on a strict competition diet and in camp. I'm just going off what he said in the Porier lead up. He definitely said he could make 145 if he wanted to. I remember that clear as day.

Lee is decent but his call out game is weak. Gaethje beats his ass if he can avoid getting spammed by TDs for 2 rounds at max.

This

Sherdogs getting carried away after one good performance. Justin is top 10, Lee is top 5

Well he could easily have been 2-1 at least when it came to that Eddie fight. He's not a bum off the street. I didnt know Top 5 guys didnt have to defend their rank......

Would rather these two both fight someone else and get a win each, but this would be a great fight.

I give the edge to Lee but Gaethje is hard to count out.

Lee would come in the bigger fighter on fight night buuuut, Justins not gonna lay there and get beat up like Barboza.

That dude can scramble like a mofo and pops his hips off mat usually when taken down.

Please make this fight next!

While true you can't go around preaching someone to be some National champion Div. I wrestler when he just isn't, he was the best in his local town and was Div. II which is where you go when you aint gonna compete with the big boys.

He could beat JG in MMA, but when it come to straight wrestling we need to put these guys in their realistic brackets.
Yeah but that’s the beauty of MMA, the best credentialed wrestlers won’t necessarily beat the less credentialed ones same for boxing, BJJ, and any other combat sport. MMA is the real deal, closest to a real life situation and the addition of so many other martial arts changes the dynamic completely.

Idk how that fight goes. I know Gaethje is a great wrestler, but is he Kevin Lee good? I haven't seen it, but I haven't followed his entire career. I got Kevin by GNP KO. I think if he gets Gaethje down, he has his way with him in the ground. Then again I can be completely wrong. Love Gaethje. Just a great match up.

Lee was doing a training camp for UFC 229 before Tony went back to action and stole the ME reserve spot from him.

Justin said he was 13 months in training camp and he wants to take some time off.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Kevin Lee is an average level wrestler at best, AT BEST, he is a NCAA Div. II wrestler, he went 37-0 against no bodies, Div. I guys would tear him apart, he has decent wrestling but he is no All American champion and has never faced any of the top guys.

Justin is a Div. I wrestler and two-time state champion, he is far above Lee is grappling credentials, Lee would barely be able to get him down.

People need to stop over rating Kevin lee's wrestling and start educating themselves on the US wrestling scene and the who's, who of the game.
Pat Cummins was a d1 all American wrestler and Cory Anderson wrestled in d3. Anderson dominated Cummins with wrestling when they fought. We all know MMA wrestling is different. Look at all the wrestlers Gsp out wrestled

He’s only have to make 145 once every few months. Probably much more doable because of that.

Gaethje doesn’t look that big for LW to me at all. I’d be surprised if he was walking into the fight at 170 or more. Not sure if he’s the type to balloon up after fights but I have a hard time imagining him heavier than 170. He also doesn’t appear incredibly lean nor is he super thick for the division so it makes me think he’d be able to make 145

He’s only have to make 145 once every few months. Probably much more doable because of that.

Gaethje doesn’t look that big for LW to me at all. I’d be surprised if he was walking into the fight at 170 or more. Not sure if he’s the type to balloon up after fights but I have a hard time imagining him heavier than 170. He also doesn’t appear incredibly lean nor is he super thick for the division so it makes me think he’d be able to make 145

I might need new glasses. I thought he looked bigger than all of his opponents other than Vick. He definitely doesn't look like a small LW to me.

Funny how people say that Lee doesnt have the wrestling to keep up with Justin yet in the same breath say that Lee would out grapple Khabib. Casuals.

Lee is fighting Iaquinta.

I say book Gaethje vs Barboza.

Winners fight each other.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back