Kevin Lee reacts to Justin Gaethje’s win.

Why do you think Kevin can't outwrestle Justin?

Dude have you been missing the last couple of days?
Since justin knocked out james vick the boxer
Apparently he gained the ability to never be taken down despite who he's fighting
Crazy eh

Justin is a better wrestler than Kevin Lee.

Bad match up for Lee and he knows it.

Probably the worst matchup for Lee in the division

If he wins this I'd be just as impressed as if he beat Conor or Khabib. Toss-up for me, but I lean towards Lee.

When was the last time Justin fought someone on Lee's level when it comes to wrestling? That all sound nice in theory but in reality Lee is much stronger and more explosive than Justin.

Lee would just blast double Justin into oblivion. I would actually root for Justin to win but I just don't see how stopping Lee's TD attempts..
Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Kevin Lee is an average level wrestler at best, AT BEST, he is a NCAA Div. II wrestler, he went 37-0 against no bodies, Div. I guys would tear him apart, he has decent wrestling but he is no All American champion and has never faced any of the top guys.

Justin is a Div. I wrestler and two-time state champion, he is far above Lee is grappling credentials, Lee would barely be able to get him down.

People need to stop over rating Kevin lee's wrestling and start educating themselves on the US wrestling scene and the who's, who of the game.

BOOK IT! Gaethje vs. Lee sounds fantastic to me

doesnt kevin lee just challenge everyone and not fight them?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Kevin Lee is an average level wrestler at best, AT BEST, he is a NCAA Div. II wrestler, he went 37-0 against no bodies, Div. I guys would tear him apart, he has decent wrestling but he is no All American champion and has never faced any of the top guys.

Justin is a Div. I wrestler and two-time state champion, he is far above Lee is grappling credentials, Lee would barely be able to get him down.

People need to stop over rating Kevin lee's wrestling and start educating themselves on the US wrestling scene and the who's, who of the game.
This is mma buddy, mma wrestling is its own thing. That div 1 credentials don’t mean jack

I want to see some moar of dem Homer Simpson leg kicks!

This is mma buddy, mma wrestling is its own thing. That div 1 credentials don’t mean jack
While true you can't go around preaching someone to be some National champion Div. I wrestler when he just isn't, he was the best in his local town and was Div. II which is where you go when you aint gonna compete with the big boys.

He could beat JG in MMA, but when it come to straight wrestling we need to put these guys in their realistic brackets.

When was the last time Justin fought someone on Lee's level when it comes to wrestling? That all sound nice in theory but in reality Lee is much stronger and more explosive than Justin.

Lee would just blast double Justin into oblivion. I would actually root for Justin to win but I just don't see how stopping Lee's TD attempts..

Lee himself has never faced any wrestler close to Justin's level. Lee loses when he can't have grappling dominance--shut down by wrestlers in AI and Tony, and shut down by BJJ man in Santos.

If Lee couldn't take down a community college wrestler, what makes you think he'd be able to take down one of the most credentialed wrestlers in the division ? Actually, a better question is

What makes you think k he could take down and hold down justin?

Seems like I'm in the minority but I think Lee takes him.

There will be at least a 20 pound weight difference. I don't think Justin can get Lee off him if he takes him down. Plus Gaethje's take one to give two strategy is risky. Lee isn't the best striker but don't get it twisted, he hits fucking hard if he connects.

There will be at least a 20 pound weight difference. I don't think Justin can get Lee off him if he takes him down. Plus Gaethje's take one to give two strategy is risky. Lee isn't the best striker but don't get it twisted, he hits fucking hard if he connects.

20lb difference? Gaethje is 5'11 and pretty thick....same height as tony, but clearly thicker.

When has Lee shown any power?

I legit dont recall him ever being a threat at all on the feet outside of a headkick he landed on Trinaldo.

Like The Mowtown Phenom for this one does more fight wise more athletic and got that good grind mma wrestling...

20lb difference? Gaethje is 5'11 and pretty thick....same height as tony, but clearly thicker.
Ferguson gets to 190-200 out of camp. He said himself he'd rather fight WW, won TUF as a WW and didn't even have his first LW fight until after he got his UFC contract but the UFC wanted him at LW. I can post the article if you like.

Gaethje said leading up to the Porier fight that he stays within 10 pounds of his fight weight year-round and could fight at FW if he wanted to but he wants to keep his cardio top notch and put on a pace his opponents can't keep up with and cutting weight would hurt him. So 5'11 165-170 isn't thick at all. At least not to me. And IIRC I thought both Porier and Alvarez were thicker than Gaethje.

Lee is 5'9/5'10 190 pounds + before cut and will get to at least high 170s if not low 180s in the cage.

tough fight to call, because we still have no idea just how good gaethje's wrestling/TDD/ability to get up is because he never uses it and hasn't had to in the UFC.

for all we know this dude could be super good at getting back up.

Back