Kevin Lee reacts to Justin Gaethje’s win.

Justin is a better wrestler. Better striker.
Kevin Lee is overated as hell around here.

Easy win for Justin.

I would pay 60$ for this as a main event and a half decent main card.

No hesitation.

Why do you think Kevin can't outwrestle Justin?

Justin doesn't need to outwrestle Lee, he just needs to use his wrestling defensively via sprawl and brawl to prevent a takedown.

Liddell had decent wrestling credentials but rarely shot for takedowns. Rather he perfected a sprawl that helped to keep him standing or used it to get back up on the rare ocassion that he was taken down.

I do actually think that Gaethje is a potential nightmare for Kevin and Khabib given his wrestling credentials and relentless pressure. Meanwhile, given the manner in which he chooses to fight, he’s target practice for guys like Conor, for whom Lee and Khabib represent nightmare stylistic matchups.

Justin has what it takes, would be a close fight.

But if justin land, lee ain't doing no chicken Dance, he going to sleep

Gaethje is a bad matchup for Kevin

Doesn't mean Lee can't beat him, he definitely can. But it's a tough fight for him

Gaethje is a bad fight for anyone with a questionable chin tbh

Why do you think Kevin can't outwrestle Justin?
Lee lost to Iaquinta and Ferguson, both with wrestling backgrounds. Justin has a better wrestling pedigree than either of them and I'm pretty sure gets taken down less than either of them, seeing as he uses his wrestling strictly for TDD.

I think if Lee wins its from a RNC, via a scramble or he hops on Justin's back along the fence. He could get Justin down but I don't think he can grind him out.

I pretty much love everyone in the top 10 of LW so much I hate to see them fight each other and lose

Lee is more versatile far more well rounded, has fought better competition...Gaethe by K.O.

gaychi vs dustin the cubic zerconia porier would be a good fight

I don't want to see this fight, Kevin will likely take Justin down and finish him quickly.

Everyone raves on here about gaethjes wrestling, but I've never seen it in the UFC. Kind of like aldo with his BJJ.

I would be shocked if gaethje can stop lee from hitting a double leg on him.

Justin doesn't need to outwrestle Lee, he just needs to use his wrestling defensively via sprawl and brawl to prevent a takedown.

Liddell had decent wrestling credentials but rarely shot for takedowns. Rather he perfected a sprawl that helped to keep him standing or used it to get back up on the rare ocassion that he was taken down.
When was the last time Justin fought someone on Lee's level when it comes to wrestling? That all sound nice in theory but in reality Lee is much stronger and more explosive than Justin.

Lee would just blast double Justin into oblivion. I would actually root for Justin to win but I just don't see how stopping Lee's TD attempts..

When was the last time Justin fought someone on Lee's level when it comes to wrestling? That all sound nice in theory but in reality Lee is much stronger and more explosive than Justin.

Lee would just blast double Justin into oblivion. I would actually root for Justin to win but I just don't see how stopping Lee's TD attempts..

All we know about his wrestling is that he was an all american. He very well may get taken down easily, but there is no way to know that for sure. Just a total lack of evidence from the Gaethje side of things.

Gaethje, Dustin and Eddie are all mid tier guys. Lee, Ferguson and Khabib are the elite at LW, and all beat any of the other 3 mentioned.

How good is Gaethje's TDD anyway? I honestly can't remember seeing it on display. I ask because Lee is probably the best overall grappler in the UFC (if you wanna say Khabib, I won't object too strenuously) and having that monster on top of you is an intensely negative experience... especially when you couple that with the fact that getting him off of you is essentially impossible! Seriously, his top pressure is Luke Rockhold-esque, albeit a touch lighter-skinned.

Gaethje, Dustin and Eddie are all mid tier guys. Lee, Ferguson and Khabib are the elite at LW, and all beat any of the other 3 mentioned.

I'd put Poirier in the elite LW category at this point. I don't necessarily think he can beat Khabibi, but Ferg and Lee would be interesting fights to say the least and very winnable for him. The fact that he's smoked so many at LW has to raise him above Eddie and Gaethje, IMO. This Nate fight should confirm my belief, if nothing else.

must've taken a long ass time to post those emojis. Gaethje's already won

Back