Media Kevin Lee on WW, Talks sparring Ngannou, calls Khabib/Conor situation "sad"

To be fair that was his only "1 punch" KO and Aldo jumping in over extended with his eyes closed had as much to do with that as Conor.

Rumble, Francis, Hunt are "1 punch KO artists". Conor is a precision puncher who can can hurt you and then follow up for the finish, very different from the touch of death power of the guys I mentioned.
point is he ends fights quickly. you love arguing just for arguing dont you? you lost the argument miserably and youre deflecting now.

Point is conor ends most fights quickly. before his first loss 8 fights only 1 went past 2 rounds. in 11 fights only 3 went past 3.

lee has 14 fights in ufc or something and 9 fights went 3+ rounds. Conor can get away with having a bad cardio. lee cant.

damn, he's only 180? i thought he was considered one of the bigger lightweights.

Deep inside he's still lost in Tony's triangle and there's no coming back

5 pounds difference...
You are dead wrong. The bigger wws are much heavier on fight night and they can barely make 170 lbs. Rda and Lee can easily make 165 lbs in a healthy way. Its just not “ a 5 pound difference” .....And this is coming from a guy who opposes a new weight class.

i believe you're underestimating Lee quite heavily

he's a very very good wrestler, a skilled grappler and his boxing / striking is better than Colby and Usman's. He's only 26 too. Perfect time for him to move up really.

the RDA fight is gonna look a lot like Colby / Usman. Khabib as well. RDA just doesn't match up well with fighters who can wrestle and have good top game.

I think he will beat Rda too. And ive always said he could give McGregor and ass whooping, I’ve never underestimated Lee. He is damn good. But his fight iq and chin are extremely suspicious. Its a fact. He’s got the Honda syndrome nowadays, he neglects his strengths and tries to become a boxer when he isnt one. His strenght and size gave him an advantage at lw.... thats gone at ww. He can win fights, sure, but i dont see him becoming champ at ww. Same with Pettis, Rda and all these lightweights moving up to welter.

Last edited:
I think he will beat Rda too. And ive always said he could give McGregor and ass whooping, I’ve never underestimated Lee. He is damn good. But his fight iq and chin are extremely suspicious. Its a fact. He’s got the Honda syndrome nowadays, he neglects his strengths and tries to become a boxer when he isnt one. Hi strenght and size gave him an advantage at lw.... thats gone at ww. He can win fights, sure, but i dont see him becoming champ at ww. Same with Pettis, Rda and all these lightweights moving up to welter.
questioning his fight IQ based on his last fight Is short sighted.

Al was making him work for every clinch, takedown and grappling exchange. He was forced to stand with him after the 3rd round. Had he attempted any further wrestling, he would've completely gassed himself out and put himself at risk of being finished.

Lee was mixing up his boxing, striking and wrestling / grappling just fine In the first 3 rounds. One thing I would say Is that he shouldn't have spent so much time on his back with body triangle In the 2nd and 3rd rounds..It's a very taxing position and a big reason why he was so gassed In the 4th and 5th, along with credit to Al for making him work for everything as much as he did. Had he focused on maintaining top position, GNP, his gas tank would've fared far better and maybe he'd have been able to utilize more of his wrestling In the championship rounds.

But, yes. Anyone suggesting that he has poor fight IQ for his last fight isn't seeing the bigger picture. Unfortunately he was forced Into a position where he had to stay on the feet for the 4th and 5th round. At the same time, there is a clear argument for him winning the first 3 rounds.

All that said, In regards to his chin..I believe It's very much weight cut related. Some times he can take a good shot and other times he can't, all depends on how his cut goes.

I think It's his skill In all areas that Is his biggest attribute, not his size and strength..although, going Into ww at 185 would hardly make him undersized, particularly with a 77 inch reach.

We'll see how the fight against RDA goes, seems like a pretty clear stylistic win for him..I wouldn't necessarily sleep on him against others at WW either though beyond that, he matches up well with a lot of guys and being 26, he still has one of the highest ceilings no matter what his division is. Nothing Is certain but he's one of the last guys you want to sleep on in MMA.

Last edited:
tenor.gif
Kevin showed heart and beat the shit of Barboza for the rest of the fight, stop hating.

The most overrated dude in MMA..

Always too much to say for himself

point is he ends fights quickly. you love arguing just for arguing dont you? you lost the argument miserably and youre deflecting now.

Point is conor ends most fights quickly. before his first loss 8 fights only 1 went past 2 rounds. in 11 fights only 3 went past 3.

lee has 14 fights in ufc or something and 9 fights went 3+ rounds. Conor can get away with having a bad cardio. lee cant.
What argument did I lose? Lol. Is Conor a 1 punch KO artist? No. Does he end fights quickly, yeah sure but that's not what you said.

Who lost this argument again? Haha

What argument did I lose? Lol. Is Conor a 1 punch KO artist? No. Does he end fights quickly, yeah sure but that's not what you said.

Who lost this argument again? Haha
ignored.

always giggle at the way confidence triggers sherbros

lol

Kevin Lee Is absurdly underrated on sherdog, always has been.

Not sure what a sherbro is and I'm not triggered by confidence.

The guy is simply overrated.

McGregor is a 1 punch ko artist that can end fights in 13 seconds. Kevin lee is a wrestler that wanna grind out decisions or submissions. Kevin style is more cardio dependant than conor.
McGregor only has 3 one punch ko's though, the last one being vs Aldo. How many other fights has he ended in 13 seconds? Being you said fights, plural. Both he and Lee have a cardio heavy mma style and skill set.. hence both men finding a way to gas in their fights.

Back