Kevin Lee Looking For Anthony Pettis Matchup @ UFC 229 in October

pettis has all kinds of ways to win tbis.i dont see lee finishing Anthony.

Pettis has never in his life avoided wrestlers or anyone really. He just choked one out recently. He went down because he was on a losing streak.

So then he avoided 155ers in general...

To be fair he wasn't really avoiding wrestling as much as he was avoiding the smothering pressure game a lot of his opponents used to win. And that style happened to work well for some fighters' rassling games. Especially if they have considerable weight and/or strength over him.

Talk about cherry picking ideal style match ups.

I'm predicting a Pettis duck. This is a terrible match up for Pettis.

To be fair he wasn't really avoiding wrestling as much as he was avoiding the smothering pressure game a lot of his opponents used to win. And that style happened to work well for some fighters' rassling games. Especially if they have considerable weight and/or strength over him.
Lol he was avoiding fighting irrelevant fights out of the top10. If anything he's chasing contenders, no matter the division. You got to be complete moron if you think Pettis ever ducked anyone because of a skillset. Pettis went down a division after losing to Barboza, not a smothering wrestler. I honestly have no clue what your talking about. Eddie Alvarez looked like complete shit trying employ a wrestle heavy gameplan. He got the decision, but it was probably the worst fight of Eddies career and he should be embarrassed by that performance.

Lol he was avoiding fighting irrelevant fights out of the top10. If anything he's chasing contenders, no matter the division. You got to be complete moron if you think Pettis ever ducked anyone because of a skillset. Pettis went down a division after losing to Barboza, not a smothering wrestler. I honestly have no clue what your talking about. Eddie Alvarez looked like complete shit trying employ a wrestle heavy gameplan. He got the decision, but it was probably the worst fight of Eddies career and he should be embarrassed by that performance.

Bud, even Pettis said he would never become a wrestler after winng his last fight but still had deadly stand up an jitz. Refering to his struggle with that aspect of the game, despite obviously having tried to work on his weakness.

LW always has contenders in bunches, don't have to look in another division for that.

And just because he went down after losing to Barboza doesn't mean that the bitter taste of defeat from the other loses didn't help make the decision to go down.

It's no shame though. He tried it, but eventually learned it wasn't the answer and now he is back.

lol weak, pettis has no TDD.

a win over pettis these days doesn't really mean anything, everyones acting like he's back after beating chiesa who has no standup and fought like an idiot.

Bud, even Pettis said he would never become a wrestler after winng his last fight but still had deadly stand up an jitz. Refering to his struggle with that aspect of the game, despite obviously having tried to work on his weakness.

LW always has contenders in bunches, don't have to look in another division for that.

And just because he went down after losing to Barboza doesn't mean that the bitter taste of defeat from the other loses didn't help make the decision to go down.

It's no shame though. He tried it, but eventually learned it wasn't the answer and now he is back.
Im not sure how that relates to your claim of ducking wrestlers in his division. He said he'd become to worried with defending takedowns, he didn't say he didn't want to fight wrestlers @ lw. You're reaching hard. He literally just submitted a giant pressure wrestler. He went to fw because it was the quickest way back to a title shot at the time and he was a fight away from getting one. After his loss to Barboza it wouldve put him further down the line for a title a shot LW.

Lame...what a weak call out, hope Pettis wins but I’m not counting on it.

Kevin Lee by grapple fuck, he's an awful match up for Pettis

Potentially Pettis' worst matchup in the division alongside Khabib.

I'd rather they do Pettis vs. Ferg which would be a hell of an entertaining fight for the duration. Tony's the better fighter, but his style lends itself to a fast paced and active fight against Anthony.

Also, while Pettis did awesome against Chiesa, I'd like to see them give him a slower build toward the upper echelon so he has the chance to garner another win and work his way toward the contenders. I'm a fan of the guy but I'd hate to see his momentum completely derailed by Lee.

Lol of course he wants that fight. He thinks he's gonna hold him down. And he might. Fuck it let's do it. I think Pettis could sub or ko him. I don't even like Pettis, but I love a comeback story and that would be a huge win for him right now.

Pettis needs an easy fight if he wants to keep having a career. Feed Lee to Gillespie.

Yeah moving weight classes is a common strategy to try to break a losing streak. He looked like ass at 145 though. I'd like to see him put on a bit more muscle and just stay at lw. There are a lot of winnable matchups for him there if he keeps improving. Even during his slump he was mostly losing splits that could have went either way.

Kevin Lees pathetic attempt to get on 229 is annoying.

He smashes Pettis though.

Smart move, not going to get anyone higher ranked so he's going to take a big name easy match up to get a win streak going and stay active.

Going to ride the Pettis 2.0 hype train and say he wins by second round triangle.

I'm done with 2.0 version with fighters lol Jeremy 2.0 lost to soul taken,shin weakened Aldo so I don't buy Pettis 2.0 yet.

Last edited:
This is literally the easiest match up for Lee in the LW top ten. At least him vs Al he lost the first time and is much more intriguing stylistically.

I'm done with 2.0 version with fighters lol Jeremy 2.0 lost to soul taken,shin weakened Aldo so I don't by Pettis 2.0 yet.
Tbf Stephens never changed much at all he just got great stylistic match ups and Aldo was never close to as bad as people made out.

Pettis on the other hand took on what was on paper a terrible match up and looked like an absolute killer.

Back