Kevin Lee just got voted up in the rankings lol

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Ya'll can check the website, lol.
I know it's nothing but a press popularity contest, but he's coming off 2 loses lmao. It's like none of these voters actually follow the sport.

Rankings don't mean much in my opinion other than to sell a fight... Not like the #1 ranked guy always gets the title shot...

So one or 2 voters changed their mind about 2 LW's who now both fight at WW

Not the end of the world

Wow. They swapped him with Pettis who just KO'ed Wonderboy at Welterweight while Lee was finished by RDA at Welterweight. Weird how Lee moves ahead of Pettis in Lightweight rankings? Doesn't really make sense to me either.

One of those losses was at welterweight smart guy...
So losing once in ur weight class then once in another weight class should get u voted up in your weight class?
Thanks for clearing everything up, not so smart guy.

Rankings are stupid.

Honestly, the sport is pretty broken right now. They could get rid of rankings and belts and not much would change except it would be a little harder to sell tickets to events without a belt on the line.

I'd prefer a tournament style championship system. There are plenty of issues with a tournament too (mainly injuries and other scheduling problems but those already exist and you'd just need tournament alternates) but at least it means you will need to fight 3-4x a year to win a belt. Activity goes way up. An 8 man tournament would be the most realistic but if they didn't restrict seasons to a calendar year I'd love to see 4 rounds of fights and a 20man tourney with alternates. It would give more up and comers and opportunity to win their way into a title instead of playing politics and waiting around for years...

I could go on and on about the positives but I don't want to hijack the thread too much... I'll just say it's too bad they strayed from their roots and fell into the same broken system boxing uses.

Rankings mean shit thee days anyway

<31>

Yeah, he's staying at WW. A loss in the division you're in shouldn't increase your ranking in most cases
A close fight loss to a top 4 ww as well who just came off a 5 round fight with the champ

That's one of the rare losses where your stock actually goes up a little Imo

Bellator has the right idea with these tournament brackets. UFC is a joke with undeserved title shots, all because Dana likes/dislikes someone.

Wow. They swapped him with Pettis who just KO'ed Wonderboy at Welterweight while Lee was finished by RDA at Welterweight. Weird how Lee moves ahead of Pettis in Lightweight rankings? Doesn't really make sense to me either.

Iol Pettis would smash Lee in a 5 round fight.

A close fight loss to a top 4 ww as well who just came off a 5 round fight with the champ

That's one of the rare losses where your stock actually goes up a little Imo
Maybe. It's certainly debatable. I can see that for number one contender fights or title shots for sure

Rankings don't matter

Rankings are stupid.

Honestly, the sport is pretty broken right now. They could get rid of rankings and belts and not much would change except it would be a little harder to sell tickets to events without a belt on the line.

I'd prefer a tournament style championship system. There are plenty of issues with a tournament too (mainly injuries and other scheduling problems but those already exist and you'd just need tournament alternates) but at least it means you will need to fight 3-4x a year to win a belt. Activity goes way up. An 8 man tournament would be the most realistic but if they didn't restrict seasons to a calendar year I'd love to see 4 rounds of fights and a 20man tourney with alternates. It would give more up and comers and opportunity to win their way into a title instead of playing politics and waiting around for years...

I could go on and on about the positives but I don't want to hijack the thread too much... I'll just say it's too bad they strayed from their roots and fell into the same broken system boxing uses.
A year-long tournament would definitely cut out a lot of the unfair bullshit. It'd never happen, though, since the UFC wouldn't be able to push fighters they think will be popular.

Ya'll can check the website, lol.
I know it's nothing but a press popularity contest, but he's coming off 2 loses lmao. It's like none of these voters actually follow the sport.
lord artem > asian sensation lee.

Back