Kevin Lee is so Frustrating to watch

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes he reminds me of a GSP with no fight IQ whatsoever.

In the RDA fight he was hurting RDA on the feet and then when RDA was staggered he would shoot for a takedown and exhaust himself.

Just kept shooting and shooting with no regards for his gas tank and got finished.

When someone is hurt on the feet, throw more goddamned Strikes!!

Why give him time to recover AND drain your gas tank?

if he had a gas tank he'd be a major problem

If he paced himself more, he wouldn't have the same dominant top control rds 1 and 2 as he does now.

It's not that he lacks a gas tank, its that he uses a very physical grappling game, and predictably can't carry that pace.

He always does well on tge feet i don't know why he's so keen on chain wrestling

Imagine how I felt watching Kevin Gastelum hurt Izzy standing, only to press him against the fence for a take down instead of following up with strikes!
In his defense he had suffered quite a bit of brain damage at that point, if not a pretty significant concussion.

In the RDA fight he was hurting RDA on the feet and then when RDA was staggered he would shoot for a takedown and exhaust himself.

Just kept shooting and shooting with no regards for his gas tank and got finished.

GSP without the fight IQ, cardio or standup. GSP also carries himself like a gentlemen and a champion. Kevin Lee is a nice guy and a good fighter. I met him and he was cool. He's just not GSP.

If he stops looking for holes in other people’a game and instead focuses on his own, he would be a top contender

If he paced himself more, he wouldn't have the same dominant top control rds 1 and 2 as he does now.

It's not that he lacks a gas tank, its that he uses a very physical grappling game, and predictably can't carry that pace.
Exactly, it’s not just black and white.

In the RDA fight I remember Lee putting on a high pace and put some power in his strikes, too. RDA waited those out like a veteran he is and started turning it on as Lee was starting to slow.

A bit like Yan vs Aljo. Aljo put on a crazy pace and looked like he was in control. Yan was the more effective striker still and took over as Aljo slowed down.

Kind of like Curtis Blayde... Fight IQ in the low 20's... He was embarassing Lewis but then for some dumb IQ reason he went for a takedown and got put to sleep...

Back