Kevin Lee is hyped while Al Iaquinta is mocked?

It’s all down to casuals placing him on a pedestal purely because he has personality, happens time and time again, the genuinely good fighters that have no personality are only acknowledged by actual fans that know their shit, blame the filthy casuals lol

It’s all down to casuals placing him on a pedestal purely because he has personality, happens time and time again, the genuinely good fighters that have no personality are only acknowledged by actual fans that know their shit, blame the filthy casuals lol

"Casuals" have no fucking idea who Lee is.

Lee is a legit LW contender, and people are starting to give him credit as such. That's it.

He isn't overhyped at all. If anything, he's underrated by people on this forum who keep unnecessarily disparaging him because they don't like him personally.

I’m just saying that the circumstances say more about Dana trying to pressure Conor than Habib earning a bonafide title after a legitimate career of achievement.

But let’s not pretend Habib hasn’t also done his fair share of “not showing up” throughout his tenure — particularly in the big leagues.

Lots of fighters don't show up for different reasons. We are talking about a title fight that Khabib earned.

Khabib was going to fight someone for the title and the "champion" didn't want to fight. You all were going to complain no matter who else Khabib fought other than Tony.

"Casuals" have no fucking idea who Lee is.

Lee is a legit LW contender, and people are starting to give him credit as such. That's it.

He isn't overhyped at all. If anything, he's underrated by people on this forum who keep unnecessarily disparaging him because they don't like him personally.
First I never questioned his ability at all, I’m well aware of how good he is
Second, and I’m not just saying this to prove a point, he is one of my favourite fighters on the roster
Third, maybe casuals was too strong a term, I mean more likel the fans that are fans but not like diehard, those kinds of people that love MMA but don’t really know a great deal about it hype up charismatic fighters, simple as that, because for some people it’s pure entertainment and don’t analyse things as much as diehards do, therefore they’re judgment is kinda cloudy, maybe Kevin lees rise wasn’t the ideal place to prove this point, but ya know lolza

You just gotta be aware of who you're listening to. Casualz don't know who Al is... but they know Kevin because of his "forced" antics & loud mouth.

Perhaps you're missing out on the fact that there are a ton of casuals on Sherdog. At least i can argue that there are not a lot of hard core MMA fanz... even if you don't like calling folks "casualz."

If you're trying to make a case about media attention... you are wrong... this makes perfect sense because Lee's crap is what casuals & "like pushers" are attracted to. If you're trying to say that it's unjust for reasons that only hard core purists are privy to... then there is something in your logic that is ignoring what gains media attention.

Being a hard core purist & nice guy has been proven to be ineffective by our resident GOAT Mighty Mouse who's numbers have always remained in dire straights. I mean the guy waz P4P number one forever it seemz but he headlines the worst PPV's... why do you think that is?

The answer is very much the same as your dilemma in understanding Lee's popularity over Al.

You just gotta be aware of who you're listening to. Casualz don't know who Al is... but they know Kevin because of his "forced" antics & loud mouth.

Perhaps you're missing out on the fact that there are a ton of casuals on Sherdog. At least i can argue that there are not a lot of hard core MMA fanz... even if you don't like calling folks "casualz."

If you're trying to make a case about media attention... you are wrong... this makes perfect sense because Lee's crap is what casuals & "like pushers" are attracted to. If you're trying to say that it's unjust for reasons that only hard core purists are privy to... then there is something in your logic that is ignoring what gains media attention.

Being a hard core purist & nice guy has been proven to be ineffective by our resident GOAT Mighty Mouse who's numbers have always remained in dire straights. I mean the guy waz P4P number one forever it seemz but he headlines the worst PPV's... why do you think that is?

The answer is very much the same as your dilemma in understanding Lee's popularity over Al.

I was referring more to hyped skill on Sherdog rather than just popularity in general.

Don't think Al himself is mocked, more so, if anything the fact he hasn't/hadn't fought in so damn long. Regardless of his problems with White & the other Brass there at the UFC. Perhaps he takes some flack indirectly from some of the roasting Khabib takes for the title being where it is and how it got there.

It's because AI is not able to move like Lee

giphy.gif
Everytime i see this I say to myself what I yelled at the screen when watching live; "FLYING KNEE!! FLYING KNEE!!. Edson and his fight IQ...

Kevin Lee fights and makes people laugh.
Al sell homes and bitches about his life.

The only group that truly discredits Al are the people who make thinly veiled homosexual remarks about Conor non-stop and whose fight analysis consists solely of one liners about "head clean off." The same morons who posted "49-1" non-stop and felt no shame whatsoever.

They're transparent as fuck and everything in the MMA universe is only about pumping up their love interest, don't pay attention to it. Nice video post though, fun fight.

Kevin Lee is one of the best wrestlers and athletes in the LW division, he's still young, and his striking and overall grappling are always improving too. He's also a charismatic guy, which adds to his popularity.

He's younger and more active than Al. He's a much better wrestler than him, and has closed the striking gap since their fight. Kevin Lee has overall looked more impressive than Iaquinta since the two fought.

Importantly, he's viewed as someone who'd fare better against Khabib than Al would. He'd be harder to take down, and has better striking than Khabib too.
Better striking? I havent seen khabib get hit that much in all his fights combined or do the chicken dance like vs barboza... Just cause its odd looki g doenst mean its bad.

I'm sure he hadn't hit his peak yet. I still don't see a huge reason for the hype. I expect Khabib to maul him like he does everyone else. Neither Kevin's striking or grappling makes me think he can beat Khabib.
You don't think submitting Trinaldo, Chiesa and absolutely destroying Barboza is impressive!?

Typically I see people talking very highly of his abilities. Saying he would beat Khabib and such.
So is this thread just an attempt to puff up Khabib a win over AI because rightly don’t value it too much?

Regardless of the 1v 1 result years ago, Lee has fought and beat more a far superior competition since they fought and is the better fighter.

Al is a jobber and Lee is a title contender, that’s probably why.
Except Al actually was in a "title fight" and Lee was not

But I suppose when you ignore facts you can just say whatever the fuck you want

You don't think submitting Trinaldo, Chiesa and absolutely destroying Barboza is impressive!?

These words are a bit subjective. I wasn't saying that it's not impressive. I said I didn't see a reason for this level of hype. I think those are solid wins but he nearly got knocked out by Barboza who was his best win. I don't look at those three fights and make the assumption he is going to beat up Khabib.

So is this thread just an attempt to puff up Khabib a win over AI because rightly don’t value it too much?

I was pretty clear in the OP why I made the thread.

Regardless of the 1v 1 result years ago, Lee has fought and beat more a far superior competition since they fought and is the better fighter.

I believe you are objectively wrong about the competition they have faced. If you think he is better than Al then that's fine. He could be at this moment I don't know.

Except Al actually was in a "title fight" and Lee was not

But I suppose when you ignore facts you can just say whatever the fuck you want
You got all those posts and you’re still a muppet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back