Kevin Lee is hyped while Al Iaquinta is mocked?

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I've noticed that Kevin Lee is really popular right now. I think he is a strong fighter as well and am curious to see how far he will go. However I am seeing a lot of posters putting Al down after his loss to Khabib. I think Al is being underestimated here and thought it might be helpful to some people to take a look at his match with Lee from UFC 169. I'm sure Lee has grown as a fighter since then as has Al. I am not making a claim as to who would win today.

This is a highlight of the fight.

maybe because aside the khabib fight, iaquinta hasn't fought in ages

Al is a jobber and Lee is a title contender, that’s probably why.

It's because AI is not able to move like Lee

giphy.gif

I've noticed that Robert Whittaker is very popular now, while Court McGee has been forgotten. Gonna make a thread so that people remember that Court beat Robert like half a decade ago because that's relevant.

Because Lee have been active and beating legit fighters, Al not so much, if he can get a couple of ranked wins he will enter in the conversation

Lee's developed into a legitimately elite fighter, Al has not.

He's good and all but what makes him objectively elite over Al, who beat him?

Because Lee have been active and beating legit fighters, Al not so much, if he can get a couple of ranked wins he will enter in the conversation

I wasn't making the case of who should be ranked higher.

Al Iaquinta beat most of the top 5 fighters,
i would love to see him fight Tony Ferguson, worst fight for Tony right now

Al fought Lee to win but he fought Khabib to survive. And Lee has improved a bunch since he fought Al.

What kind of clueless dipshit is mocking Raging Al?

Everyone who's not a useless cunt loves Raging Al.

What kind of clueless dipshit is mocking Raging Al?

Everyone who's not a useless cunt loves Raging Al.

Usually the people trying to talk bad about Khabib. Like dominating Al isn't impressive....

Al fought Lee to win but he fought Khabib to survive. And Lee has improved a bunch since he fought Al.
What has he improved? He still gets tagged on the feet.

He's still the same fighter who relies on his wrestling, his double, taking the back, and getting the RNC

etc

Last edited:
Kevin Lee is one of the best wrestlers and athletes in the LW division, he's still young, and his striking and overall grappling are always improving too. He's also a charismatic guy, which adds to his popularity.

He's younger and more active than Al. He's a much better wrestler than him, and has closed the striking gap since their fight. Kevin Lee has overall looked more impressive than Iaquinta since the two fought.

Importantly, he's viewed as someone who'd fare better against Khabib than Al would. He'd be harder to take down, and has better striking than Khabib too.

Al beat Masvidal, the guy is legit. People that discredit Al really have no Idea what the fuck they're talking about. Lee on the other hand is unproven still, he stepped up against Tony and gassed out in under 2 rounds. I believe Al would beat Tony, something Lee couldn't do. Al is underated imo and Lee is overated.

Last edited:
Back