Kevin Lee Hinting at a Return @ UFC 229 in October

He couldn't be fighting at UFC 229 because I know who he is. UFC 229 is Conor vs Khabib feat fighters without wiki pages.

229 needs all the help it can get, put his ass on the card.

Lee/Pettis would be a mauling. Book it.

Pettis wouldn’t make it out of the 2nd round.

Good... we need some solid lightweight fighters on that card in case Khabib or Conor don't make it!

Good... we need some solid lightweight fighters on that card in case Khabib or Conor don't make it!

Agreed. If it’s true that UFC paid Marreta Santos to cut weight as a standby for Adesanya-Tavares, they might as well do the same for this card. Have Pettis, Felder, Lee, whoever else in the Top 15 is available, do it.

Hopefully he will. Kevin Lee would be a great replacement if either Conor or Khabib pulls out. Plus he'll sort of help those PPV buys.UFC.com-3.jpg
Legend

Motown Phenom would be a solid addition to a very top-loaded (one good fight) main card.

gsp for the new 165 belt.

when its time to save card,
interim belts are out.
new divisions are in.

Gillespie isn't known enough, Pettis or even Al Iaquinta are the choices
Pettis just returned to the division after losing to everyone. He had a good win against Chiesa but he's not top 10 material anymore.

You say Gillespie isnt known, but at this point everyone following the sport sees him as a rising contender. How else is he going to be known if he doesnt get a step up in competition.

Last edited:
I know it is too soon and big difference in rankings, but I would like to see Lee vs Hernandez.
Also, Nate vs Vick. Won't happen, most probably...
Hooker vs Poirier. Same...

I am guessing Pettis. Both are solid, available. I think that fight makes sense. Likely have Porier/Diaz winner and Ferguson ahead of them so keeps them moving forward.

Back