Kevin Lee Exposes UFC for Handpicking Chinny Old Cerrone for Conor's Tuneup Fight

Kevin lee was getting rocked and taunted by raging Al. I don’t think he has merit to talk shit about Conor.
conor never fought a explosive brother that isnt smaller than him yet
BBC conors weakness wait and see son heard it here first

Lee will get crucified for admitting the truth but we all know it. Cowboy was the biggest "Name" the UFC could put out there to make Conor look like Mike Tyson. Casuals recognize "Cowboy Cerrone" without realizing he'd lost 6 of his previous 10 fights and been stopped in 5 of them. Conor just made it 6 out of 11.
cerrone is basically the same guy who dominated iaquinta in may. the guy who dominated lee. people want to use fights from 2017 to prove he's shot when he had some excellent performances after that.

Kevin talking about casuals made me lol
It never ceases to amaze how easy it is to market to the stupid

Kevin talking about casuals made me lol
It never ceases to amaze how easy it is to market to the stupid

lls lowest common denominator
also say thanks to the public education system

087_Conor_McGregor_x_Donald_Cerrone.0.jpg

“I ain’t been impressed with nothing in the UFC for a minute,” Kevin Lee said on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show. “This s**t it’s starting to get a little wack, to be honest with you. And Conor is up there with it. . . . He got the job done, he got the money.

But, to me, he fought a guy that was tailor-picked for him. He [was] hand-picked for him and was chinny. Anytime you go down by a shoulder strike, and it really stings you . . . This ain’t even the slick Cowboy. (I am not one of those people that think Cowboy laid down.)

“But, if a shoulder is hurting you, that means your chin is gone and they already knew that. So, I’m not impressed. I am a little irritated by it, to be honest with you.

When I gotta go to the grocery store yesterday, and hear people talk about, "Oh, he did that to Cowboy’ . . . 'Oh, he’s back!' . . . blah, blah blah. . . Come on, man.

3a7d7eba-1711-11ea-9462-4dd25a5b0420_image_hires_123031.JPG

“We [are] out here really fighting. To me, I’m really fighting. I had my comeback fight in November, and I took on an undefeated guy. I didn’t take on someone that is a little over the hill.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...nor-mcgregors-win-over-chinny-donald-cerrone/

0KNNwQZh.jpg

That does not remotely change what Kevin is saying.

Of course, in context we know that Cowboy is coming off recent back to back stoppage losses. Tony mutilated his face and then JG knocked him out badly in the first round. All in he's been KO'd fairly frequently in recent years, and his turnaround time from his previous first round KO loss was too soon.

Cowboy was picked to fall over in the first round because he had done it 5 times in the past, now 6. This isn't rocket science.

Kevin Lee for his part took a very challenging matchup with Gregor, despite being on his own two fight skid. So he booked against an undefeated, 6-0 UFC wrestler who nobody wanted to fight. He's clearly willing to put himself out there.

Lee is a serial complainer. He main evented 5 events in a row. Were they suppose to give somebody of his ranking and name a jobber? Also, Gregor's most notable win was over Yancy so let's calm down. Also, you sound more delusional than Lee. Cowboy had won 4 of his last 7 before Conor and literally none were KOs. Iaquinta and Hernandez were probably the 2 most impressive performances of his career and both have been within the last 12 months. Buying into anything Lee says is embarassing.

I'm sure he thinks he should have gotten that fight. Cerrone being a great match up for Conor had something to do with it, but he also he at least was a huge fan favorite. Lee needs a PR coach, because he seems to turn a lot of people off.

Kevin Lee wouldn't have shown to Conor the same ass licking respect that Cerrone has shown. Lee would've maybe lose (not that sure) but at least Conor would've had a run for his money. By the way UFC would have never let Conor fight a wrestlers after what Khabib did to him.

Lee is a serial complainer. He main evented 5 events in a row. Were they suppose to give somebody of his ranking and name a jobber? Also, Gregor's most notable win was over Yancy so let's calm down. Also, you sound more delusional than Lee. Cowboy had won 4 of his last 7 before Conor and literally none were KOs. Iaquinta and Hernandez were probably the 2 most impressive performances of his career and both have been within the last 12 months. Buying into anything Lee says is embarassing.

What ranking did Lee have, coming off back to back loses, and moving down to lightweight again? Gregor was 6-0 in the UFC, 5 of those stoppages, an elite amateur wrestler who was still undefeated.

On paper (and in reality) that is a very difficult matchup for Lee who is primarily a grappler. This is common sense, general consensus stuff and should not need to be stated.

Cowboy going 4-7 is atrocious. Do you realize how bad that is?

And it took Justin 4:18 to do it, while absorbing 17 shots and letting Cowboy fire off 52.

Meanwhile Conor did it in 40 seconds, while absorbing 0 shots and letting Cowboy fire off 1. Which was immediately countered for the KO.

Stop with your stupid MMMath if you wants to play like that, Conor gone life and death with unranked Nate Diaz.

What ranking did Lee have, coming off back to back loses, and moving down to lightweight again? Gregor was 6-0 in the UFC, 5 of those stoppages, an elite amateur wrestler who was still undefeated.

On paper (and in reality) that is a very difficult matchup for Lee who is primarily a grappler. This is common sense, general consensus stuff and should not need to be stated.

Cowboy going 4-7 is atrocious. Do you realize how bad that is?

Nevermind you just cherry picking stats all the way back to 2016. If you're trying to match up Conor, why do losses from 3 years ago mean anything. They're both coming off 2 losses. The fight made sense. Also, Cowboy has fought the whos who, including beating Al who Lee has lost twice to in the UFC so Lee and his cheerleaders need to quiet down. Cowboy lost to Masvidal and Lawler back to back and was fed to an up and comer in Till in his next fight so let's not act like Lee is some victim of a conspiracy against him. Alternatively, everybody could say Gregor is chinny and that Lee was fed him but we're not massive coonts.

Last edited:
Eh, it just sounds like jealousy. He can't stand that a fighter from a different background is getting more attention. Sensei Kevin Lee can only pretend to be respectful and intelligent when things are going his way. As soon as they don't, the real Kevin Lee (jealous, angry Kevin Lee) comes out.

that means Conor smashes Till too beacuse took Till longer yeah ??? fuck your mma math
Stop with your stupid MMMath if you wants to play like that, Conor gone life and death with unranked Nate Diaz.

It's not MMAMath you morons. It's the objective fact that Conor smashed Cowboy worse than he's ever been. That was the claim.

Lmao he finished Cowboy faster than anybody ever has, in a more dominant fashion than anybody ever has.

Sherdog: We DoN't KnOw HoW gOoD hE iS

Learn to forum.

Lee has top notch wrestling but that's it. Dude got lit up by Raging Al.....
I thought the same about him until his last fight, where I was mighty impressed. That combo looked slick, lightning fast and incredibly powerful. One of the most vicious KOs as of late, against an absolute stud of an opponent, to whom he has handed his first pro loss. I'm confident this guy can do great things

I don't really get his point. McGregor was given a bounce back fight in anticipation of a bigger fight down the line. It is basic business. Why is he surprised?

isnt that the bum that lost 3 out of his last 4? Lol fuck off you jouneyman. Hahaha he lost to Al Iquinta twice. Lol Cerrone would have a chance to beat you. Conor would kill your bumass.

Fighter Kevin Lee is my hero

***yawn***

Who cares? It was what it was.

I’d want a tune up fight too if I had been away that long. In fact posters on here are always recommending that fighters take tune ups:

“Why would X fighter be so stupid to jump into the deep end like that? Should have taken a tune up lol.”

The amount of unaware, unironic, hypocrisy on here is a very sad comment in the human condition.

And how many of these people, calling for a tuneup fight, are also saying that beating up on a way past his prime fighter, 4-6 in his last 10, coming off 2 KO losses in a row, is deserving of a rematch with a guy who molested him for 4 rounds before making him tap like a little bitch ?

Apples and oranges.

cerrone is basically the same guy who dominated iaquinta in may. the guy who dominated lee. people want to use fights from 2017 to prove he's shot when he had some excellent performances after that.

Im not someone who thought Iaquinta was ever top 5. People hyped him up on here but he looked even worse against Hooker in his next fight. Cerrone has often looked great against guys outside the top 5 and especially against shorter fighters where he could use his length advantage. When you look at his record, the best fighters he ever beat were decisions against Alvarez and a gift decision in his 3rd fight with Bendo. He lost the first two with Bendo when it actually mattered.

I'm not saying he's a can by any means. He fights a lot and puts on some exciting performances against lower tier guys and other gate-keepers but he's lost every really big fight he's ever had. Often embarrassing bad losses. Six times he's been finished inside a round in some of his biggest fights. He was stopped twice in 7 months directly before facing Conor. That's a lot of damage he's taken in a short amount of time.

Jon Anik: "Cowboys won a lot of big fights, beat Alexander Hernandez" :D

Back