Kevin Lee claims to have gotten the better of Dillon Danis rolling with him

390c285a286a83d14a0e19fff3fade88.gif

http://www.fightmetric.com/fighter-details/427b5953ac8e3a27

Maia fought 6 All-American wrasslers in UFC. Here is his TD record against them:

Chael Sonnen: 1/4 TDs - WIN by triangle choke
Mark Munoz: 0/7 TDs - LOSS by UD
Chris Weidman: 0/7 TDs - LOSS by UD
Tyron Woodley: 0/21 TDs - LOSS by UD
Colby Covington: 0/13 TD - LOSS by UD
Kamaru Usman: 0/15 TDs - LOSS by UD

All in all, he got 1 TD out of 67 TD attempts against All American wrasslers. Conclusion?

giphy.gif

Maia fought 6 All-American wrasslers in UFC. Here is his TD record against them:

All in all, he got 1 TD out of 67 TD attempts against All American wrasslers. Conclusion?

giphy.gif

<{anton}>

giphy.gif
Of course wrestling>bjj generally speaking

You said ZERO chance though.

tenor.gif

lol @ the people who think Lee has no chance vs Dillon on the ground. You guys are funny.

Jacare is a better example of what a high level aggressive bjj guy looks like. Theres different styles to bjj.

The guard puller who goes straight to his back and has horrible wrestling isnt what all bjj players look like.

Demian maia is also one of the least explosive people in the world.

I hate when fighters brag about training sessions to the public. Seems a little classless to me.
you're right it's classless, but this is Danis we're talking about so I don't mind.

Believe Kevin no doubt, kid is so strong and fast, so calm in dangerous situations, seems he triggered dildodannis

Will wait for Kevin to accept the 100K challenge.

Lee has legit grappling that some on here think could rival Khabib… could be true.

"Conor can I borrow $100k for a photo for my twitter?" haha

Seriously though would be decent to watch. I think Kevin rolls well and would be an issue for Danis even though Danis is a bit taller however I believe Kevin's walk around weight wouldn't be that far off Danis'. Shields dominated Danis in a grappling match only for Danis to complain about the rules after losing.

Getting on top of Danis and holding on for dear life was probably Lee's idea of "getting the better of him". I'd be stunned if he actually threatened Danis with anything.

Show us where that happened

I hate when fighters brag about training sessions to the public. Seems a little classless to me.
I agree but Dillon Danis is what comes up when you google classless.

Getting on top of Danis and holding on for dear life was probably Lee's idea of "getting the better of him". I'd be stunned if he actually threatened Danis with anything.
If you listened, he claims to have submitted him, while not getting submitted himself

that's a win in both grappling tournaments and MMA.

takedown is 2 pts. all you to have to win from there is maintain top position.

in MMA he could have inflicted hundreds of short distance punches.

Exactly. I imagine that it looked like Chael vs 'fill in Metamoris BJJ guy', just stuck in guard hoping to not get caught.

Jake Shields beat him in SUG rules literally last year.

Danis has virtually no accomplishments of note at the black belt level. Tonon has beaten him twice now, both times they competed, the first a pretty summary heel hook. Look at Dillon's overall professional grappling record the last few years. He doesn't routinely beat the elite, but elite grapplers routinely beat him.

For his part, Kevin Lee is the guy who tapped out Chiesa and Trinaldo back to back. He is a world class MMA adapted grappler and far better wrestler than DD.

It should surprise no one they would be competitive when rolling.

Kevin lee is always talking about getting the better of everyone in practice.
I guess it’s becoming more common today. But I’m thenpast that stays in the gym. As it’s
Practice.
Kevin lee is probably
Poison to a gym.

Jake Shields beat him in SUG rules literally last year.

Danis has virtually no accomplishments of note at the black belt level. Tonon has beaten him twice now, both times they competed, the first a pretty summary heel hook. Look at Dillon's overall professional grappling record the last few years. He doesn't routinely beat the elite, but elite grapplers routinely beat him.

For his part, Kevin Lee is the guy who tapped out Chiesa and Trinaldo back to back. He is a world class MMA adapted grappler and far better wrestler than DD.

It should surprise no one they would be competitive when rolling.

No shame in losing to tonon.
That kid is amazing.
I hadn’t paid much attention
To grappling over the past few years and this past year I’ve been playing catch-up. And holy shit there are some fantastic aggressive grapplers. Tonon is a treat to watch.
I love it.

Back