Kevin Lee: "Askren is easiest fight in division, but I could never outdo Masvidal's MGM buffet"

"He’s just too hittable and too one-dimensional"

That sounds a lot like you Kevin lol

Based on what? Who has Lee fought that has wrestling remotely as good as Askren's? Lawler's TDD/defensive wrestling is much better and he got taken down after nearly finishing him.

Do you usually stick it in the air when you tease the tip?

giphy.gif

Very intrigued to see how Askren looks when he comes back. He can talk all he wants, but this is nothing like a loss in wrestling, which is what he’s used to - he got stiffened and suffered a hard concussion. Plus he has now eaten 29 sig strikes in two fights and landed exactly 0. I think that the confidence he once had is gone forever.

Kevin Lee keeps talkin shit and gettin hit.

@NoBiasJustMMA

Lawler's TDD hasn't been good in ages lol, stop living in the past.

Lawler got taken down by Cerrone and RDA easily, Lee is clearly the better wrestler at this stage of his career.

Askren is leagues better than Lee as a grappler. Not even close tbh.

Lee would beat him on the feet but that's not saying much, Lee isn't very good there either.

I'm actually expecting TriStar Lee to make a significantly positive jump in his performances.
Guy has so much talent, just can't put everything together when it counts. Hope to see some improvements as well

If Robbie loses, give Robbie Askren (he deserves the rematch). Otherwise give Askren Till. At least if Till loses he won't take much damage. Askren doesn't inflict much damage. I see it as a win-win for Till.

I think Till has finally decided to move up to MW

Cerrone has very underrated takedowns and RDA didn't get a takedown till Lawler's ACL blew out. You should actually watch the fights.

Lee hasn't fought any wrestlers really other than Tony and he's more of a kickboxer/bjj guy in MMA. Lawler has fought way more wrestlers/grapplers than Lee has and his TDD/defensive grappling is far more proven.
The problem with Askren is that he puts himself in really bad positions when he scrambles at times. That might end up bad for him in the UFC. I mean 30 seconds into the fight against Lawler, Robbie had his back and slamed him on his head.

The problem with Askren is that he puts himself in really bad positions when he scrambles at times. That might end up bad for him in the UFC. I mean 30 seconds into the fight against Lawler, Robbie had his back and slamed him on his head.

I don't think many people at WW could slam Askren like that, they have to be good wrestlers and very strong and be willing to engage in grappling with him. Woodley would be one of the other guys that could do it but Woodley and Askren won't fight. Usman could probably do it but Askren would have to get a winning streak going to get that match up.

I don't think Kevin Lee would be able to and I don't think he would want to try, IMO he would try to keep it standing with Askren and wouldn't want to grapple.

Right now - Kevin Lee should be last person to pile on as his stock has dropped off the market. I dont support Askren( or wrestlers in general) but it was a fight - whether an embarrassing 5 second loss or a 15 minute split decision loss, it only counts as 1 loss. Hes 1-1 and let's see how Askren deals with this adversity. How many UFC champions started their UFC career 2-2 ? I'm sure a handful( not saying he'll reach pinnacle but I'm not saying no ,either).

I'll give Ben this much credit- most fighters in his shoes, wed be hearing from him right about now or even one more week. Hes been owning up to all his interview bookings since fights end.
#respect

We'll see how things go from here.

Kevin Lee is really hittable too. He is a terrible striker, his blackness doesn't mean he can box. He should stop thinking it does.

@NoBiasJustMMA

Lawler's TDD hasn't been good in ages lol, stop living in the past.

Lawler got taken down by Cerrone and RDA easily, Lee is clearly the better wrestler at this stage of his career.
>Lawler got taken down RDA easily

lol. Have you watched the fight? It was mostly on the feet for a reason

Moron

Back