Kevin Iole: Alistair Overeem fully deserves his license

i feel it's appropriate to bring this gem back.

alistair-overeem-drug-free.jpg

i love how everyone thinks all pro athletes are clean. They are pros...wake up...they got money to make. I have used PEDs and i was nothing...just a college level athlete. All pros are using something or another whether they have been popped or not.

Is he being singled out more than other guys that got busted?

Yes but it is deserving. When he applied to fight in Nevada, they questioned how he got big so fast when he fought at LHW. He was given a conditional license with the conditions being he pass random drug tests to obtain his full license. He didn't and now he's applying for a full license again. Kizer did the right thing and to Reem's credit, he passed.

That applies to all fighters, does it not?

For all we know, BJ freakin Penn could be doing 10 iu of GH a day.

It's time to stop holding Overeem in different standards.

Yes, it actually does. Well, all fighters who have already failed a test anyway. Or failed one, ducked one, attempted to duck another in Alistair's case.

I doubt you've seen my previous posts on the subject, but I'm pretty solid on the record saying that with the insufficient testing done in MMA, the desire of all fighters to get an edge (or more cynically, to stay even with everyone else), and the relative ease of access, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of fighters taking something. Who, and what, are open questions.

i love how everyone thinks all pro athletes are clean. They are pros...wake up...they got money to make. I have used PEDs and i was nothing...just a college level athlete. All pros are using something or another whether they have been popped or not.

This guy knows what is up. You don't have to be on steroids specifically to look like the Reem. These guys are pros and have world class nutritionists and supplements at their disposal. Alistair can be on 100 different supplements and as long as those ingredients aren't on the banned list, he can do what he wants. There's some powerful stuff out there if you can afford it.

Lifting weights and eating good is only going to get you so far.

I like that article and meant to post it the other day. I think the author's idea for punishment is great. If you fail a drug test regardless of your reasoning you should have to under go rigorous drug testing to prove you are clean and it should be at your own expense in order to get licensed.

Overeem now has credible evidence that he is clean regardless of what anyone wants to believe and he rightfully has a license. I can't wait to see him fight again.

Last edited:
What's the point in suspending people for roids if half of the ufc roster is on trt anyway? It's getting ridiculous.

If a professional athlete didn't use I would be disappointed. That shows me that the individual has little to no drive and doesn't take his/her career seriously. Opposite side - If a professional fails a drug test I am also disappointed in them for not being professional enough to take the necessary steps to pass them.

What's the point in suspending people for roids if half of the ufc roster is on trt anyway? It's getting ridiculous.

Bingo! Also training hard, busting your ass lowers test levels when a rigorous training camp takes place. If you're then able to up your test levels through a syringe at will, it becomes an uneven/unfair playing field.

Iole is a douche for stating this:

Commissions that consider licensing Overeem should require him to, at his own expense, submit to a carbon isotope ratio test that would be administered randomly during his training camp. The CIR test, which is the only foolproof way to catch usage of synthetic testosterone, is expensive, going for $450-$600 a test.

If they can't afford to pay for the tests, then they don't fight

If a professional athlete didn't use I would be disappointed. That shows me that the individual has little to no drive and doesn't take his/her career seriously. Opposite side - If a professional fails a drug test I am also disappointed in them for not being professional enough to take the necessary steps to pass them.

So...you're disappointed in Bendo, Fedor and BJ? If anything, their unwillingness to use 'supplements' is one of the few things I like about their outside of the cage lives.

i feel it's appropriate to bring this gem back.

alistair-overeem-drug-free.jpg

In fairness, according to Overeem's own testing, he determined that he was completely clean.

Well now we know why he lost in Tug o War

So...you're disappointed in Bendo, Fedor and BJ? If anything, their unwillingness to use 'supplements' is one of the few things I like about their outside of the cage lives.

If you think they aren't using/haven't ever used then cool! My base assumption is that all pros use or have used in the past. Especially when they come from countries where it is completely legal to use.

Ive never liked Keith Kizer, from the way he handles himself to the positions he takes.

Well, I'm glad he got his license. I really want to see him fight.

He asked him to fucking test himself and is getting congratulated for being thorough? ridiculous

I'm an Overeem fan here, but I know fully well the reason why Overeem got his sentence reduced and got his license back in a timely matter:

AllNatural.jpg

Back