Kevin Holland vs. Izzy

Do The Evolution

ballsbreaker
@purple
Reaction score
Kid showed pretty stellar fight IQ vs. Ontiveros. He's well - rounded as well.
Has KO power and can obviously stand and bang but a couple of Tae Kwon Do moves from Ontiveros and he went right for the strong TD.
Utilized some judo trips there, too.

I must say he's a pretty interesting challenge to Izzy, considering he also has the reach.
AND the lead - up would be bonkers; Holland's pretty entertaining behind the mic.

It’s more interesting than a Whittaker rematch. It’s more interesting than a Costa or Romero rematch. Hermansson is the only other compelling fight in the Top 10 in part because Izzy has beat most of the remaining guys.

Agree. Holland just needs to notch a few more wins to get that fight. Can't believe he's still unranked.
His style certainly has potential to trouble Izzy. It wouldn’t be until the fight got going that we can gauge whether there are levels between the two in the striking department. By that point Kevin is already a winner.
It would be interesting to see if Kevin has the ability to take Izzy down once they enter close quarters because that could well be the key to defeating Adesanya.

It’s more interesting than a Whittaker rematch. It’s more interesting than a Costa or Romero rematch. Hermansson is the only other compelling fight in the Top 10 in part because Izzy has beat most of the remaining guys.
For sure. Way more interesting than Hall (who's been after Izzy lately), who'll likely be too tentative to not be toyed with by the champ.

His style certainly has potential to trouble Izzy. It wouldn’t be until the fight got going that we can gauge whether there are levels between the two in the striking department. By that point Kevin is already a winner.
It would be interesting to see if Kevin has the ability to take Izzy down once they enter close quarters because that could well be the key to defeating Adesanya.
His TDs vs. Ontiveros were particularly strong (the last one which actually ended the fight), granted Ontiveros probably didn't have good TDD to begin with.

This is why I have an issue with the UFC signing bums like Ontiveros... they make average fighters look like world beaters.

Holland doesn’t belong in the ring with Adesanya.

Flat out laughable.

october-23-2015-michael-page-gestures-in-victory-towards-charlie-as-picture-id596927400

For sure. Way more interesting than Hall (who's been after Izzy lately), who'll likely be too tentative to not be toyed with by the champ.
Hall has to dig himself out of Dana’s doghouse. I’m not sure I’d even want to see him challenge Izzy just yet. I want to see one performance where he just goes for it.

This is why I have issues with the UFC signing bums like Ontiveros... they’re making average fighters look like world beaters.

Flat out laughable.

I don't know boss, Holland's looked good in his last few, though I do agree with Ontiveros.

This is why I have an issue with the UFC signing bums like Ontiveros... they’re making average fighters look like world beaters.

Flat out laughable.

october-23-2015-michael-page-gestures-in-victory-towards-charlie-as-picture-id596927400
That’s a little harsh. Let’s see him fight once at 170 before deciding if he’s a bum.

Hall has to dig himself out of Dana’s doghouse. I’m not sure I’d even want to see him challenge Izzy just yet. I want to see one performance where he just goes for it.
Ha! Maybe Dana got a whiff of how he dealt with his media session the other day.

It’s tough to say until he fights one of the top level fighters at MW. I am not sure if his wrestling is threatening enough to the top of the division and his striking looks really good but it’s hard to imagine anyone beating Israel there, so we will have to see how Holland does against other great strikers in the division.

I think Holland is a great prospect. Like he’s said it’s unfortunate he keeps getting late replacement fights and stuff like that, he definitely should get a crack at the top 15. I recall him looking good against Santos despite losing too. And that was his UFC debut and iirc he was a late replacement and this was right when Santos was starting his run at LHW

Izzy most likely dominates but truth is Kevin could give him problems and, there is always the slight chance,cause a major upset

I like Holland a lot, but he's a fringe contender who has nothing for Adesanya.

He's struggled against and lost to far inferior competition to the guys that Adesanya has beaten.

It's not even an interesting stylistic match up.

This is why I have an issue with the UFC signing bums like Ontiveros... they make average fighters look like world beaters.

Flat out laughable.

On second thought, his record in the “minor leagues” is kinda bumish.

Huge experience gap. I like Holland tho, hope to see him get a crack at the top 10

It is probably a bit of a reach giving Holland a chance given the level of competiton he has faced. But for what it’s worth I still stand by him being an interesting match stylistically for Adesanya.

It’s tough to say until he fights one of the top level fighters at MW. I am not sure if his wrestling is threatening enough to the top of the division and his striking looks really good but it’s hard to imagine anyone beating Israel there, so we will have to see how Holland does against other great strikers in the division.

I think Holland is a great prospect. Like he’s said it’s unfortunate he keeps getting late replacement fights and stuff like that, he definitely should get a crack at the top 15. I recall him looking good against Santos despite losing too. And that was his UFC debut and iirc he was a late replacement and this was right when Santos was starting his run at LHW
3 of his 5 losses came by submission. Hasn't been knocked out yet. So I guess he's done well vs. strikers. I agree, though, he needs to face more elite competition.

Back