News Kevin Holland Moving Down to 170

He’s said this multiple times before, and then he gets booked against a MW.

Most of those are short notice fights. He took far too many of those and built his pandemic resume at the weight class so it made sense to stay there.

Holland is an eccentric personality. People love him or hate him, but he's game and a good striker. I wish his defensive wrestling was much better.

If he thought the wrestlers at 185 were bad he's going to be having a hell of a time at 170. I think if he ever gets to the top 10 without working on his TDD it'll be cause of very favorable match making and even then he won't last long.

bold-strategy-jason-bateman.gif

Holland is in a rough spot that way. Still he will bring some fun fights, likely scattered if as mentioned...

What’s not to like about Holland? He would take whatever fight they offered him. Has good stand up. Yeah his defensive wrestling really sucks, but a move down to 170 and if he worked really hard on it should only improve his ability to put himself in a good position for that division. Fun fight I can think of right off the bat is him vs masvidal. Jorge isn’t getting a TS any time soon and for both guys would be a stand up fight. Lots of sh!t talking leading up to the fight would get the people who enjoy that kind of thing interested. They both have good hand speed so throwing hands would be fun to watch. I think it’s an entertaining fight all around. On top of it isn’t like Holland is some scrub as he was a top 10 MW for some time.

“You dont wanna know how many bodies I can fit inside a green machine, bro”

Possibly a good idea, but the hand speed and cardio will be much better. Two areas where he excelled in at MW

Because of his length, I don't think welters will have as easily a time taking him down, so perhaps the bad grappling defense won't matter as much.

Back