Kevin Holland: I’m not going to change the fighter I am.

he said he was going to work on his TDD but still be a striker.

Did people in this thread even read what he said? You all keep bitching about his lack of interest in improving his TDD, despite the fact that he flat out stated that he plans to work on improving his TDD ....

What am I missing here?

Did people in this thread even read what he said? Y'all keep bitching about his lack of interest in improving his TDD, despite the fact that he flat out stated that he plans to work on his lack of TDD ....

What am I missing here?
people respond based exclusively on the title of the thread all the time on Sherdog.

He has worse tdd than Carlos Condit. I didn't even think that was possible....

images

images

Kevin is dumb, he's not a smart fighter, he doesn't have a champion mentality.

he likes to fight, but does not think about improving himself to be the best.
I think you're conflating being intelligent with being a smart fighter. I think he's smart. I don't think he's a great fighter. Like you said, he doesn't seem that interested in improving, but he's doing his thing. Whether or not we think it's smart/he has a high fight IQ, he seems like a pretty smart and funny guy out of the ring.

I'll also add that I personally know some really smart guys that are *not* smart fighters, and some really genuinely stupid human beings that have a really high fight-IQ. One size does not fit all.

Hype Train has been derailed.. It is on him to make himself better but I don't see it.

And I will not change betting on wrestlers against him. Thank you for the 1250

I'll also add that I personally know some really smart guys that are *not* smart fighters, and some really genuinely stupid human beings that have a really high fight-IQ. One size does not fit all.
InfiniteUnconsciousHermitcrab-max-1mb.gif

it reminds me of Chael one of the smartest guys in real life, but a fight IQ 0.

I can definitely respect that. The dude just wants to fight. He's admitted that there are holes in his game that he needs to address for his fighting style to be more effective. Can't see why anyone would hate on him for that. You can add new wrinkles into your game without changing your entire style

Back