Media Kevin Holland blames Conor's last 3 losses on inactivty; Also says Gaethje ran the whole time

Gaethje's performance was fucking embarrassing.

He was alright on the feet, and even started to have some success there. But when it went to the ground, Gaethje was absolutely awful. Given his wrestling background, everyone thought he was going to be able to stay in the fight much longer than he did. He looked lost on the ground. Dustin and Conor did a lot better on the ground with Khabib. And Gaethje is the one with a wrestling background. So that was incredibly embarrassing.

No fuck that. Poirier is better. People are just too delusional to admit it. Glad joe is putting some respeck on his name.
Better? At what? Calf kicks? Sure for now. He had a better last few mins of the fight. You’re more delusional if I’m honest. Speed goes to Conor, power goes to Conor, boxing mechanics...Conor, clinch goes to Conor, Wrestling hard to say, edge to Dustin but Donor rarely uses it offensively. Grit Id give to Dustin because he’s been in those positions more. Cardio we’ve seen more from Dustin. Jujitsu I’d give to Conor.

saying Dustin is better is retarded there’s so much that dictates a fight. You need to be more observant.

I don’t agree completely with his assessment of the Justin/Khabib fight but there is some truth to it. Justin was definitely backpedaling the entire fight and looked sloppy/uncomfortable the entire time. Also completely gassed himself out quickly in that fight. Out of Conor/Dustin and Justin ....that was easily the worst performance of the bunch against Khabib.

Not to take anything away from Khabib because as usual he looked in control and dominant...Howver, there is some truth to what Holland is saying. It’s not completely off the wall.

khabib has great resolve and can keep coming forward while taking damage. A lot of guys retreat or reset when they get hit, Khabib can stick to his game plan. I guess justin was expecting Khabib to break from his power.

Hate to say it but McGregor doesn't want to be in there anymore.
Trying to finish fast as he can to get it over with.
He's not a top 5 anymore

Gaethje ran?

the gun was back peddling but he was throwing heat, so much so that he was told to relax on it.
Gaethje’s footwork isn’t “fancy” but he was landing.
Khabib is just insanely durable
Well he was completely gassed after 3 minutes so something about his back peddling wasn't a good thing. I wouldn't call it running but it was definitely not in his favor.

He was panicking,which i think was his main point. He was clearly uncomfortable with Khabib's pressure,and that it was not wilting with his shots.
I agree. I don’t think Justin expected Khabib to be so relentless with pressure even while getting blasted with leg kicks and hooks. I feel Justin thought Khabib would back off a little bit once he felt his power and got his legs chopped up, but Khabib stayed in his face the whole time and he panicked

Reactions: HHJ
Well he was completely gassed after 3 minutes so something about his back peddling wasn't a good thing. I wouldn't call it running but it was definitely not in his favor.
He probably visualized the fight going way different. He was lost when he couldn't discourage khabibs attack

everyone thought he was going to be able to stay in the fight much longer than he did
Everyone said if it touches the ground, Justin is done. That's what happened. I called it for the second round by submission and I'm glad it happened that way. I couldn't see khabib not taking him down.

What I didn't expect was the pressure on the feet

No fuck that. Poirier is better. People are just too delusional to admit it. Glad joe is putting some respeck on his name.
Joe was playing devil's advocate. There's been multiple times in the past at least for khabib he blamed it on inactivity. Give it a few weeks. He lives in recency bias

"I never thought an Irish man could get knocked out til then" (3:44)
(8:00) Justin:
"His performance against Khabib was fucking embarassing..He fucking ran the whole time..If I run like that against Derek Brunson, that's a problem"

Derek Brunson isn't Khabib, Kevin.

hahahaha i made a whole ass thread about this yesterday i didn’t know he said that

Wrong on all fronts, I like Holland but the man talks too much.

GARTHJE RAN. Get over it just because you had one idea of him that doesn’t change what literally actually happened. He was embarrassingly crushed

Back