Media Kevin Holland blames Conor's last 3 losses on inactivty; Also says Gaethje ran the whole time

What else could he have done though? It’s just a weird thing to say. Gaethje fought the fight he needed on the feet.
Panicking probably wasnt what they wanted to do going into this one. Khabib said himself,that he saw him getting uncomfortable and kept talking to him. he said based on his reactions and what he would say back,Khabib knew he was getting to him,and that gave him more confidence.

Conor's longest layoff during his UFC run was 11 months (ACL surgery), now 12+ months is his usual layoff.

It's hard to keep up with the sport when the fights are spread out by year

1. Derek Brunson is no MW Khabib. Let's see him try this with a prime Maia or a Usman. You just go at them without thinking that they'll grapple?
2. He says he "lost money on that shit". I assume shit = fight. Did he bet on Gaethje? Seriously? All the "but but Justin hits so hard" and "Justin is a great wrestler (who never wrestles)" worked?

Yeah I know right?! Imagine being asked to talk on a podcast!
Talking is fine, hes making light of Poirers win and diminishing Dustin shine a bit.

Also he would be running for his life if he fought a MW Khabib too.

I just find it weird to sort of talk down Gaethje when the dude is literally the most entertaining guy in the UFC right now.

Why? Because you say so?
Well if one of the baddest dudes on the planet is running......do the math.

Holland is not even at that level, he might be running from Yoel or Adesanya so....

Holland is not even at that level, he might be running from Yoel or Adesanya so....

Oh. You're one of those MMAth guys. Sorry to hear it.

Holland running? i can't see this. Come on, you know he is a mofo that fears nothing . Sure the MW Khabib will take him down and beat the shit out of him.
But saying that Holland will be running is kind of delusional.

The more I listened the less I liked Holland.

People who tell me they're a Conor fan tell me they're fans 1-2 LW's who literally punch old men in bars because they won't drink their whisky. Can't get on board with that. Reminds me of Shaub.

Will root against him.

Floyd Mayweather easily went year between fights and had 2 year layoff and humiliated jmm

Vitali Klitschko had about 4 years off with back problems, returned to beat Peter for the WBC title and won every second of every roun

Also everyone complains about khabibs inactivity. It doesn't harm him come fight night, he just destroys his opponent

Conor lost to a better fighter and is 3-4 in his last 7 fights in combat sports

Great fighters can deal with inactivity, good fighters may struggle

Conor isn't great, certainly above 145

Last edited:
The thing about Holland here is he's completely intellectually dishonest and is displaying the intelligence level of a typical Conor causal.

"Gaethje looked terrible" - Khabib makes everyone look terrible

"Poirier almost submitted Khabib" - Sure he did, Khabib literally let Dustin gas his arm going for that sub and choked him seconds later.

"Conor was drunk when he fought Khabib" - So taking a few shots of promotional whisky with the boss days before a fight means you showed up to a fight drunk?

It's the stupidity you'd expect to hear on Sherdog.

Gaethje ran?

the gun was back peddling but he was throwing heat, so much so that he was told to relax on it.
Gaethje’s footwork isn’t “fancy” but he was landing.
Khabib is just insanely durable

This Gaethje tried to do what he always does successfully, but Khabib just kept coming forward eating absolute bombs.

Holland running? i can't see this. Come on, you know he is a mofo that fears nothing . Sure the MW Khabib will take him down and beat the shit out of him.
But saying that Holland will be running is kind of delusional.
Does Gaethje seem like the running type?

Back