Kevin can't win.. Post Show Bisping and crew bashing him for keeping it standing.

WB is ranked #6

You are a fool if you dont realize that the UFC made this fight to prop up Holland and get him a ranked win over an old WB. Altho the fight was entertaining, Holland dropped the ball big time.
why would the ufc do that? there is no value at all in holland and he could retire at any second.

Nah the fight was cool. I'm definitely turning up for the next Holland fight.

Bisping is right. As I said in another thread: absolute knucklehead decision-making by Holland and if I was his coach, I would quit. No point in trying to coach this uncoachable entertainer.

And by the way: yes, he gained some fans but he would have gained a lot more if he choked WB out in rd2. Winning AND being entertaining in pursuit of that goal = more money. No question.

Fighting to your disadvantage and detriment might win a couple of message board dorks happy, but a fighters job is to win. Fighting to your opponents strength is an unnecessary risk. I am glad low iQ fighters exist but you can't say Bisping's critique isn't legitimate

You can be entertaining and have some sort of respect for the guy in front of you. That's where Kevin failed rather than just the GnP part.
So in essence, I actually do agree with the commentary team. It's stupid to start swinging after partially blocking a head kick, as to prove that you're the man etc.
Things like that happened and got worse the longer the fight went on, so because of it the damage started to add up. Yes, it's entertaining... but come on. A bit more respect could have made such a difference for Kev.

It was a terrible performance by Holland. Wasted the time of his team, coaches, and sparring partners.

the objective was to make a statement and finish WB. If he wanted to stand and bang, he could’ve wore him down from top position early. WB had no problem hitting GnP when he took top position.

I’d rather watch Kevin Holland lose than Belal Muhammad win

It's as expected. Mostly just another loud mouth with no cardio for 5 rounds that fakes groin strikes when the going gets tough.
<Fedor23>

Dude retired? Lol didnt even know that.

you’re a fool if you think this fight had any implications on rankings

Wonder boy turned down grapplers - rightfully so

and holland retired

they made this to please both guys into a stylistically pleasing fight

their was never a plan to promote holland with a big win here LOL …. This was just another big pay day favor to him for stepping up once again to please the fans - just like the chimaev fight ….. holland is a modern day Forrest griffin(company man) … and there nothing wrong with that
I doubt Holland's "retirement" was for real in the slightest. His next one might be after that beating.

It was a terrible performance by Holland. Wasted the time of his team, coaches, and sparring partners.

the objective was to make a statement and finish WB. If he wanted to stand and bang, he could’ve wore him down from top position early. WB had no problem hitting GnP when he took top position.
Speaking of his coaches. Is Holland not with Travis lutter anymore? I didn't see him in the corner, I just saw that Bob Perez guy who used to work with Derrick Lewis

I had a bigger problem with all the time wasted giving each other high 5s.

I think his plan to bro it out with Wonderboy bit him in the ass. Because Wonderboy seems pretty damn good when the fight turns into basically a point fighting striking match where after every exchange you high 5 each other.

He had top position gifted to him twice and just stood up. Wasn't the smartest move.
As soon as Holland let Wonder Boy up then started high fivin' & shuckin' & jivin' I bet Wonder Boy. Wonder Boy had the attitude of wanting to win by any means necessary. Holland had the attitude of a clueless buffoon. For his foolishness he got some extra brain damage & a broken hand. He can wave bye bye to half of his paycheck with his good hand too.

For his foolishness he got some extra brain damage

This is the point all the brainiacs are avoiding. Who tf wouldn't have been entertained (bum ass casuals no one cares about) if Holland fights a smart fight and imposes his will over Wonderboy by closing distance, using clinch to eliminate Wonderboys movement, drain his gas tank and wear down Wonderboy to inflict damage and work to submission or tko.

Instead Wonderboy beat the shit out of the guy, practically ruined his elite chin and all the while Holland had the key tools to dismantle a super-elite striker, notorious for movement and point fighting

Holland's arm was broken. What did you shertards that are bashing him expect him to do while fighting handicapped?

Holland hung in there as long as he could.

Back