Kev Capel on Open Mat Radio!

slickcmrick

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
capel1.jpg

This week we welcome Roger Gracie black belt Kev Capel to the show. Kev talks about his military background, being exposed to so many different martial arts and how that shaped his view of BJJ, Grappling and MMA, how to have a strong women

This was a really fun interview to record. Kev has a really unique insight into martial arts. He has a black belt from Roger Gracie, black belt in Judo, trained JKD with some of the best including Dan Innosanto, boxed, has military training and also training with Erick Paulson and his CSW system. Add to all that his son who is tearing up the scene in jiu jitsu and "kids mma" and his partner Yaz just took home gold at the Mundials in brown belt. Probably the most badass family on the block! In many ways Kev is the UKs best kept secret. I hope people on both sides of the pond learn a bit from Kev's episode.

Kev is an awesome no-nonsense guy with great jiu jitsu and immense integrity: I feel very fortunate to be a purple belt under him, even if it is now long-distance as I live in a different city (but as my parents live near Kev's gym, I can still regularly pop up there. Looking forward to checking out his new gym in a couple of weeks).

His club is very close to Aylesbury train station, so if anybody in the UK fancies checking it out, I can highly recommend it. :)

Back