Kettlebells

GoldryBluzco

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Anybody know what a good weight is for kettlebells -- if one is beginning? I weigh about 220.

It's quite common to start with 16kg.

If you're a big strong boy with a history of resistance training then you might wanna start heavier.

The most important thing is that you start with ONE (not a pair), and focus on form and learning the various exercises.

Most start with 16kg.

If you have a history of resistance training then you can go higher. Just make sure you start with one (not a pair) and focus on form.

One billlion, million, gazillion kg.

Unless you have a history of strength training, in which case you might want to start at 16kg and work on form.

Take you bodyweight in kilograms. Square that number. Then add your bodyweight again. Divide by your bodyweight. Add 15. And then subtract your bodyweight.

i started with 16 kg a few days ago. it seems to be working well for me.

Take you bodyweight in kilograms. Square that number. Then add your bodyweight again. Divide by your bodyweight. Add 15. And then subtract your bodyweight.

This. It might seem very specific but the formula was derived from years worth of scientific data.

Anybody know what a good weight is for kettlebells -- if one is beginning? I weigh about 220.

Start with the 2 lb pink ladies KBs and work up from there.

Careful with all that functional strength you're going to build!

Back