Kettle Bell Weight

king56

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am thinking about purchasing a set of kettlebells (which are much more expensive than I thought). I was wondering what weight would be best for me.

I am looking to do it as a circuit conditioning exercise, because I feel that squat/DL/bench are my main strength training workouts.

I am an EMT and I work 24 hour shifts. I often have downtime to workout, and I feel that push ups-sit ups are getting a little old. I have heard kettlebells are a great all around cardio tool.

I am just curious what weight kettle bells to buy and where a good place to purchase them would be. Also any particular workouts would be nice.

Some stats on me:

5'11''

Bench Max-245
Squat Max-315
DL Max-400
Mile Time-7 min

i am guessing around 20 lbs to 40...

possibly grab an adjustable one from one of the top quality sellers online. If not grab a 16 kg and if you can a 24kg. Also can do all the same things with dumbells as an alternative.

I say if you have the option of going to a store to test some out in your hands that's the best way to go you know. Hands on is always best for me. That way you can do a quick movements test to see what works best.

PowerBlock offers a changeable kettlebell.

PowerBlock - World''s Best Dumbbell

It's 8, 12, 16, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40lb increments, with the option to upgrade to 55lbs. $200 is a lot of money for kettlebell's, but PowerBlock is built to last for decades, and it's actually cheaper this way instead of purchasing the individual bells.

I own the Powerblock dumbbells and am very impressed.

I would start with 16kg and see how you go. You will go up in size a great deal when you use them a lot. Although they seem quite light, they can be very deceptive when used correctly.

Performbetter.com has kettlebells on sale! They also have a video on selecting kettlebells weight

you can start with the 54 lb one if your ass strong as you say you are. its a 1.5 pood and it will feel pretty light soon. I got these becasue they were cheap, you can get a pair of the price of one, and you can make them what ever weight you want. Iron Woody Kettlegrips - Kettle Grips

Back