Keto Diet and Workout

flachaven77

White Belt
Reaction score
I started a couple weeks ago and I think my body is getting used to it. I have lost 12 pounds and it seems to work. Here is the article that got me started: Keto Diet

I am running out of low carb meal ideas and need advice.

Has anyone tried this?

I started a couple weeks ago and I think my body is getting used to it. I have lost 12 pounds and it seems to work. Here is the article that got me started: Keto Diet

I am running out of low carb meal ideas and need advice.

Has anyone tried this?

The best advice i can give anyone to keto diet's and recipes is to either go to bodybuilding.com and click on the forums section. If you do some searching under there you will find the nutrition section and at last there will be a shit load of recipes and advice from fellow people on the forums. i actually think that under the nutrition section there is a keto tab.

anyway its free.

Also read anything by Mark Sisson. He wrote "the primal blueprint" and runs the website "marksdailyapple.com" He is a low carb, hi fat kinda guy, along the same lines of keto diets and on there go to the archives tab and click on recipes. This a great place that shows 100's of low carb/hi fat and recipes and usually gives the nutritional values. So you could adjust the carbs yourself to make them even more keto friendly

also free.

Hope this helps man. And to be frank, yes this is the single best way to lose fat and retain muscle. Keep up the hard work and you will get there.

The best advice i can give anyone to keto diet's and recipes is to either go to bodybuilding.com and click on the forums section. If you do some searching under there you will find the nutrition section and at last there will be a shit load of recipes and advice from fellow people on the forums. i actually think that under the nutrition section there is a keto tab.

anyway its free.

Also read anything by Mark Sisson. He wrote "the primal blueprint" and runs the website "marksdailyapple.com" He is a low carb, hi fat kinda guy, along the same lines of keto diets and on there go to the archives tab and click on recipes. This a great place that shows 100's of low carb/hi fat and recipes and usually gives the nutritional values. So you could adjust the carbs yourself to make them even more keto friendly

also free.

Hope this helps man. And to be frank, yes this is the single best way to lose fat and retain muscle. Keep up the hard work and you will get there.

Thanks a lot. This will help a lot.

Hey also,
I also wanted to ask how old you are and if you are gonna get serious about a keto diet you really need to supplement you micronutrients (minerals)

the risk to benefit ratio of keto diets is very lopsided in the benefits favor. But there are a few contraindications. 1st and foremost is age. If you are not above 18 (and in my opinoin 21) dont do this. Secondly watch for symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) like sweating, dizzines, fingers and mouth going numb and confusion.

I am a huge fan of avoiding almost all supplements when it come to exercise and training. But i would reccommend buying some Mct oils or powders (stands for Medium chain triglycerides). In lehman's terms, these fats are far better at producing ketones than long chain triglycerides. These can be picked up at any supplements store.

Also supplement your fiber. Ketones will make you constipated. i know all this sounds like alot but its not really. Here is what i do. In my post workout shake I add the MCT oil (1 serving) and 1 scoop of the benefiber powder. this way i get my MCT oils, fiber, protein all in while i am still in a post workout insulin spike. and in one simple shake its all taken care of.

good luck man.

Lyle McDonald has a ton of info as well. I can't imagine that this would be a great idea for long-term training but I suppose it depends on your goals.

You mentioned that you are out of meal ideas...that tends to happen when you omit carbs. Something you may want to try down the road is to limit starches, I pretty much get the same effect.

Lyle McDonald has a ton of info as well. I can't imagine that this would be a great idea for long-term training but I suppose it depends on your goals.

You mentioned that you are out of meal ideas...that tends to happen when you omit carbs. Something you may want to try down the road is to limit starches, I pretty much get the same effect.

my wife made me a pizza where the crust was made out of baked asiago and parmesan cheese. Then it was topped with sausage pepperoni ham cheese and peppers. It was amazing.

Yes he does have a ton of info. McDonald's book on the subject is called "The Ketongenic Diet" actually. This and his other books (and he's got a blog or website) are available online.

As far as being ketogenic food ideas go, TS is just going to have to learn to fill up his stomach without the aid of carbs, starches and sugar. Veggies and meat do this trick nicely. Nuts and cheese make for good snacks. If vegans can find a way to get through life without shooting themselves, I'm sure you can be even more content with superior choices (e.g. bacon).

Back