Kentucky Police Officer Puts A 3rd Grader In Handcuffs tied Around His Biceps

These kids deserve no sympathy. After all, like jaywalkers, they have been noncompliant and thus deserve to be roughed up by police. If they had tried to flee, a bullet to the head would not exactly have been justified, but you would have to be asinine not to see they would have at least some responsibility.

Kid was probably a little shit. But I would presume that the presence of a police officer would be enough to keep the kid in check.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if the child lunged for the cops gun and executed him Soprano style had he not been restrained....

Moronic cop.

LOL at the fucking hyperbole in this thread..GIRL PUT IN SOLITARY CONFINEMENT.

What, you mean she had to sit in a room on her own for 20 minutes? Jesus fucking Christ, are people so precious these days, everything is a hate crime or tyranny or whatever?

Well the cop could have found a way to handle the kid better then that.

That was uncalled for, he is not in school to "teach the kids a lesson" if they misbehave.

Now days the schools and teachers are in no win situation with students with disciplinary problems. The parents have a problem if they touch or separate their special little snowflake even if they are attacking the teacher or other students.

What should happen is if the child does not respond to the verbal instructions of the teacher they should be separated and watched. The parents should be called and told their child is disrupting the school and they have a set time to come and pick them up if they are not there in that set time they should be told child protective services will be called and the child turned over to them. The parents can then pick them up at CPS.

Let the parents handle the situation every time.

Well the cop could have found a way to handle the kid better then that.

That was uncalled for, he is not in school to "teach the kids a lesson" if they misbehave.

Now days the schools and teachers are in no win situation with students with disciplinary problems. The parents have a problem if they touch or separate their special little snowflake even if they are attacking the teacher or other students.

What should happen is if the child does not respond to the verbal instructions of the teacher they should be separated and watched. The parents should be called and told their child is disrupting the school and they have a set time to come and pick them up if they are not there in that set time they should be told child protective services will be called and the child turned over to them. The parents can then pick them up at CPS.

Let the parents handle the situation every time.

didnt the video say the kid was trying to strike the officer? Not exactly just typical grade school misbehaving. I think a lesson was needed here. And kind off subject, but im tired of every single kid who acts differntly having ADHD. Stop making excuses for people. While i dont like things like reading and listening and being quiet, but its okay becasue its the ADD, not becasue im a shithead.

didnt the video say the kid was trying to strike the officer? Not exactly just typical grade school misbehaving. I think a lesson was needed here. And kind off subject, but im tired of every single kid who acts differntly having ADHD. Stop making excuses for people. While i dont like things like reading and listening and being quiet, but its okay becasue its the ADD, not becasue im a shithead.

I believe the kid was hitting at anyone that was trying to control him. The cop could have physically restrained him until he was not hitting out but cuffing him was unnecessary.

The parents should have then been called and the child removed from school, let the parents handle him.

Hopefully that cop just made it home safe to his wife and kids, and maybe shot a few people on his way home. They're just keeping us safe as best they can you know.

Hopefully the big pharma companies are making money
hopefully the school officials demanding that your child has a condition and you have to get them medicated are happy
hopefully the parents are drugging their kids enough so they can watch reality tv in peace

this cop is just the shit icing on the cake

In my day you would not see a cop in a school like that. If you were that much of a pain in the ass you were sent to the principle and got detention or your parents were called in to pick you up.

I believe the kid was hitting at anyone that was trying to control him. The cop could have physically restrained him until he was not hitting out but cuffing him was unnecessary.

The parents should have then been called and the child removed from school, let the parents handle him.

Very good post parents should handle the situation.

You would have your kids taken away from you from CPS if you ever handcuffed your own kid for a time out.

This cop was way out of line. Hopefully the money these parents get from the lawsuit will help pay for this kids dr. bills.

They have changed. I got paddled. It took about 20 seconds then I was back to class.

paddled???? Your teacher should be sent to prison for such nonsense. Did you tell them you had ADHD? That usually works.

Not really kids have become almost unaffected by this threat. Families tell them that they cannot physically touch you and if they do anything to you we will take care of it. Kids feel like they can do anything they want because they cannot touch them.

I have no problem with that actually and it's the way it should be. I always felt like the teachers couldn't touch me and I was safe in school like it should be. The difference is I knew if I got to crazy my dad would find out and then I'm scared to death to go home.

Hopefully that cop just made it home safe to his wife and kids, and maybe shot a few people on his way home. They're just keeping us safe as best they can you know.

God bless him. You're just saying what we're all thinking

They have changed. I got paddled. It took about 20 seconds then I was back to class.

I got paddled once and it was the most pointless thing ever. The guy didn't want to hurt random little kids with a wooden board and who can blame him. It was so light and gentle it was almost laughable I couldn't believe how soft it was. Parents just need to take care of their kids and discipline them.

Hopefully the big pharma companies are making money
hopefully the school officials demanding that your child has a condition and you have to get them medicated are happy
hopefully the parents are drugging their kids enough so they can watch reality tv in peace

this cop is just the shit icing on the cake

In my day you would not see a cop in a school like that. If you were that much of a pain in the ass you were sent to the principle and got detention or your parents were called in to pick you up.

Shit man, your day is the present day where I'm from. That's still how it is around here.

Fuck big pharma. Fuck lazy parents.

Fuck the world don't ask me for shit!! Everythin ya git ya got to work, haaaard for it

The cop could have physically restrained him until he was not hitting out but cuffing him was unnecessary.

People would scream about that too -

"250 pound man pins 70 pound boy to the ground!/puts him a in bear hug for 10 minutes and refuses to let go!/twists his arms painfully behind his back and holds them there!"

I think it's a much 'cleaner' situation to put him in the cuffs and be done than have ongoing physical contact and struggle.

I'm loving this age of nearly everyone carrying around little portable recording devices.

Before 10 years ago, if you told people half of the shit that police have been caught on camera doing, no one would believe you, as if they were all goddamn saints. Now it's all laid bare.

My wife had to deal with a kid in her classroom last year that had no social skills at all. He had no idea how to interact with other kids in a non-physical manner. He thought if he hit them that they knew he liked them or that was how he said hello or something. He had his good days where he didn't feel the need to do it, but others that is all my wife had to deal with. This kid mainly did it with girls. Over the course of the school year he focused on three of them. The parents of the first two complained to my wife and she worked with the kids to get it sorted out, but the boy kept behaving badly.

Finally, after several attempts at getting him to calm down my wife got the principal involved and they helped some, but not enough to stop the behavior or place the kid in a classroom where he could get the attention he needed (no staff). Finally the dad of the third girl talked to my wife and she encouraged him to talk with the principal as well. In the end it all stopped after the third girl hit the kid back and he was removed from my wife's classroom for good.

That was pretty much the last straw for her at that school after 7 years. She's moved on to what we hope are greener pastures at a different school.

Back