Kentucky Police Officer Puts A 3rd Grader In Handcuffs tied Around His Biceps

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
To restrain a child with ADHD the Police officer who is in the school used handcuffs that he tied to the child bicep muscles around his back. The total amount of time was 15 mins he performed this act. The child was complaining it was hurting him but the officer continued to go ahead with the process. It was filmed by a teacher who was in the room. The video is at the website link address.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/04/kentucky-sheriff-defends-officer-handcuffed-child

http://www.today.com/news/video-emerges-boy-8-handcuffed-school-officer-facing-lawsuit-t36461

EDIT:Found the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4VU-2XXFp0

Why is a cop in fucking school like that?
And that kid does not have ADHD, he is a fucking kid. let a kid be a kid.

this dumb cop is the very last in a long line of fuckups in this kids life

Why is a cop in fucking school like that?
And that kid does not have ADHD, he is a fucking kid. let a kid be a kid.

this dumb cop is the very last in a long line of fuckups in this kids life

ADHD this is just what his family is claiming no doubt he is a child and acting in kind but this Police officer is a complete idiot.

Hopefully that cop just made it home safe to his wife and kids, and maybe shot a few people on his way home. They're just keeping us safe as best they can you know.

Last edited:
ADHD this is just what his family is claiming no doubt he is a child and acting in kind but this Police officer is a complete idiot.

hi PEB,

In a video released by the American Civil Liberties Union, the boy struggles and cries out as he sits in a chair, handcuffs around his biceps and his arms locked behind him. A sheriff's report stated that the girl was put in handcuffs after she acted out and tried to leave an isolation room where she'd been sent.
http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/2015...rained-children-put-handcuffs--arms/31111731/

they handcuffed the young boy, binding his arms behind his back, and put a nine year old girl in what sounds like solitary confinement?

schools sure have changed a lot since i was a kid.

weird. it sounds a bit barbaric.

- IGIT

hi PEB,

http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/2015...rained-children-put-handcuffs--arms/31111731/

they handcuffed the young boy, binding his arms behind his back, and put a nine year old girl in what sounds like solitary confinement?

schools sure have changed a lot since i was a kid.

weird. it sounds a bit barbaric.

- IGIT

Yep but the schools in some areas are being pressed to take greater control of their children. They bring in untrained police officers to scare the children to stay under control I would imagine? Teachers cannot touch children anymore or even yell at them in some cases so the schools bring Police officers in. Its insane but goes to show you that schools don't know how to handle the situation anymore. They don't have the money in their budget to hire professionals who understand the situation and how to handle it. Cops don't have the professional training to handling emotional issues especially that of young children.

Yep but the schools in some areas are being pressed to take greater control of their children. They bring in untrained police officers to scare the children to stay under control I would imagine? Teachers cannot touch children anymore or even yell at them in some cases so the schools bring Police officers in. Its insane but goes to show you that schools don't know how to handle the situation anymore. They don't have the money in their budget to hire professionals who understand the situation and how to handle it. Cops don't have the professional training to handling emotional issues especially that of young children.

hi PEB,

when i was a boy, by that i mean a little kid, being sent to the principle's office was something i was in mortal terror of.

i still remember his name, even though it was decades ago - i've forgotten most of the names of my grade school teachers.

doesn't that kind of thing work anymore?

- IGIT

hi PEB,

when i was a boy, by that i mean a little kid, being sent to the principle's office was something i was in mortal terror of.

i still remember his name, even though it was decades ago - i've forgotten most of the names of my grade school teachers.

doesn't that kind of thing work anymore?

- IGIT

Not really kids have become almost unaffected by this threat. Families tell them that they cannot physically touch you and if they do anything to you we will take care of it. Kids feel like they can do anything they want because they cannot touch them.

Not really kids have become almost unaffected by this threat. Families tell them that they cannot physically touch you and if they do anything to you we will take care of it. Kids feel like they can do anything they want because they cannot touch them.

this is exactly the problem .. which is why I have absolutely no problem with what this cop did .. do nothing and this kid will continue on because he knows no one will do shit to him .. gotta show the little runts that there are consequences for acting up .. consequences for attacking people .. too much pussyfooting with situations like this .. if I were a judge, I would laugh at that lawsuit, throw it back in their face and tell them to gtfo of my courtroom

So what did the kid do to be put in hand cuffs?

This upset me. I don't know if this is what this officer was trained to do in such a situation, but I would never even know that handcuffs could be used in that manner on a child. Why? because I would never consider putting handcuffs on a child.

maybe not the best way to handle the situation but the cop seemed like he was legit trying to teach the kid a lesson. At worst he might need a talking to about how to handle situation differently in future but anything worse then that is people just overreacting. The parents should use this opportunity to teach the boy a lesson about not misbehaving instead of using this to only further turn him against authority by blaming the police.

That kid could have been a threat.

Surprised he wasnt tazed tbh

Kid was very lucky to walk away with his life. For all the officer knew that kid could have been one of any number of secret manchurian candidate-style Russian child mercenaries, programmed to kill at a moments notice. If that's true then he would most certainly be an adept ninjitsu practitioner and could have disarmed the officer, who if not so well trained might have shot at the first sign of trouble.

We need to keep discipline where it belongs. Not in the hands of parents but rather the trained professionals we know as police officers. They represent a system that combines multiple contingency plans and everyone's best interests. Relax people.

nothing1_zpsa9158eec.jpg

This upset me. I don't know if this is what this officer was trained to do in such a situation, but I would never even know that handcuffs could be used in that manner on a child. Why? because I would never consider putting handcuffs on a child.

What if the child is a danger to himself or others?

restrain him in ANY way and get criticized .. handcuffs or not .. let him run around smacking people .. and get criticized for that as well .. damned if they do damned if they don't

There are other ways to restrain a child. In an extreme circumstance where the child was trying to kill themselves, I would be more amenable to using restraints. I just don't think that children that age are able to understand consequences enough to be able to calm down in order to get the handcuffs removed. I just don't think they can process that.

There are other ways to restrain a child. In an extreme circumstance where the child was trying to kill themselves, I would be more amenable to using restraints. I just don't think that children that age are able to understand consequences enough to be able to calm down in order to get the handcuffs removed. I just don't think they can process that.

To be fair, I don't think a lot of adults can process that either.

Back