Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

Bravazo is basically the only real short priced play against horse for me in the Belmont really. He's probably going to be the 2nd choice, maybe the 3rd choice at worst. He's not without a shot to hit the board obviously. But Tenfold, Hofburg, and Vino Rosso all seem better equipped to handle the 12F, and they're also all going into the race fresher and should have more in the tank to put forth a good effort. Like Blended Citizen, it's tough to see Bravazo being set to run a needed peak effort at 12F in his 11th career start and his 6th race of his current form cycle. Justify is going to have obstacles trying to win this race after the Derby & Preakness, and Bravazo is on that same schedule as well having ran in both.
You see that, bro? Ruis has utterly DESTROYED Bolt. Or, maybe you were right and Justify snatched up his soul. It just makes no sense how he has floundered like this. It's just such a waste of a stud and super talented horse. Last fucking place!

Nah I tailed the exacta not the ML but I just lost an exacta at the finish line at gulfstream. Seems to have happened alot today.

Shitty. I hate that place myself. All the bullshit 1/5 favourites that win. The big speed/rail bias it usually has. The 15 minute delays every race. But it still sucks to just miss an a nice exacta wherever it is. You get it done soon enough, K.

Shitty. I hate that place myself. All the bullshit 1/5 favourites that win. The big speed/rail bias it usually has. The 15 minute delays every race. But it still sucks to just miss an a nice exacta wherever it is. You get it done soon enough, K.
Yea not the biggest fan of Gulfstream either. Yea going to bet the Belmont and call it a day. Hopefully win some back on UFC tonight.

You see that, bro? Ruis has utterly DESTROYED Bolt. Or, maybe you were right and Justify snatched up his soul. It just makes no sense how he has floundered like this. It's just such a waste of a stud and super talented horse. Last fucking place!

I'm going to stick to my Justify snatched his soul theory because of course I am. I've seen it happen all the time. Having a inexperienced trainer like he does certainly doesn't help getting him back on the path, though. The Met Mile was really a dumb spot for Bolt too. A G1 against older, more mature horses after just getting trounced by horses your own age? Yeah, smart move.

Awesome. Nice call on Bee Jersey bud.

Limousine Liberal finished 3rd as a longshot, so we weren't too far off a big exacta payout either. Actually he was a distance 3rd by 5 lengths or thereabouts. No drama or anything besides the top 2 finishers being in a photo.

I'm going to stick to my Justify snatched his soul theory because of course I am. I've seen it happen all the time. Having a inexperienced trainer like he does certainly doesn't help getting him back on the path, though. The Met Mile was really a dumb spot for Bolt too. A G1 against older, more mature horses after just getting trounced by horses your own age? Yeah, smart move.
It's just unreal. I was telling my wife when he floundered in the stretch "Sharkey was right, hun! He is done. Herd dynamics." I was pulling for him hard, I thought he was going to be something special, but I really think he is done now. Just such a shame for such a talented horse that looked like he had the world at his hooves last year.

Yea not the biggest fan of Gulfstream either. Yea going to bet the Belmont and call it a day. Hopefully win some back on UFC tonight.
What a sports day, huh? Triple Crown hopeful, UFC tonight and Tyson Fury return. I didn't bet but I am a horseman and really a, hoping Justify pulls it off.

It's just unreal. I was telling my wife when he floundered in the stretch "Sharkey was right, hun! He is done. Herd dynamics." I was pulling for him hard, I thought he was going to be something special, but I really think he is done now. Just such a shame for such a talented horse that looked like he had the world at his hooves last year.

Ruis can try to put him out for a while and give him a break before bringing him back in a confidence building allowance race or low level stakes race. If that doesn't work then call it a day. Or they can just retire him now since he does have two G1 wins as a two year-old, so he has stud value already.

Final plays for the Belmont:

Exacta: Tenfold, Hofburg / Justify, Tenfold, Vino Rosso, Hofburg
Trifecta: Justify, Tenfold / Justify, Tenfold, Vino Rosso, Hofburg / Justify, Tenfold, Vino Rosso, Hofburg
Tenfold to W/P/S
Superfecta (tiny, just for fun): Tenfold / Justify / Hofburg / Vino Rosso

Also, tailing @Sharkey on the Met Mile. Thanks again bud for everything you do here. Good luck all.

@ImNotSurpisedDonks!

In case T is busy.

Back