Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

I'm in on everything. Thank you gentlemen and good luck!

A couple of horses we were going to play scratched, but we got a backup for one at least;

I'm going to go with $4 win and $6 place bets just because we're playing quite a few races today. So, with scratches now known, this is who I'll be on for Aqueduct;

Race 1 - #2 California Swing 3/1

Race 5 - #12 Passporttovictory 5/1

Race 7 - #6 Christmas Sky 5/1

Race 8 - #2 Quezon 7/5 (plus tailing Blunt with a $5 exacta box with that one and #3 Absatootly)

Race 9 - #3 Bluegrass Singer 9/2

Didn't have an alternative for race 3, so that race is a pass for me.

Thanks Sharkey. Modified my plays.

Kinda sucks that our best priced horse on the day (8/1) is the one who scratched, T, but what can you do. The alternative is an okay 5/1, though. At least on the morning line anyways.

I'm going to try a couple of races at Gulfstream tomorrow as well (the same win & place for $5/$10), in addition to Aqueduct;

Race 2 - #6 Promete 3/1

Race 6 - #8 Starship Reina 7/2

Neither of these two scratched and I'll be on them as well today for the same $4 to win and $6 to place as at Aqueduct.

Have to head out the door for a few hours, so I'll be missing most of these races today. Might come back later on and do some Santa Anita races later in the day as well. We'll see, though.

Best of luck gentlemen.

Good start for us, boys. California Swing wins, Promete places.

Awesome. Wish I could watch but I'm at work. Let's keep it going!
Will try to keep an eye out for you, following as best I can. We missed on Passport he didn't hit the board, that was 5 at Aqu so still early.

Good start for us, boys. California Swing wins, Promete places.

Did you see that race from Promete, Blunt? I just watched it now and that was utterly ridiculous from him. Goes by the leader fairly easily in the stretch and then decides to give back the win in the last few strides. Comical really. Oh well.

Did you see that race from Promete, Blunt? I just watched it now and that was utterly ridiculous from him. Goes by the leader fairly easily in the stretch and then decides to give back the win in the last few strides. Comical really. Oh well.
Yup, thought we had it in the bag there. Should've gotten the W, looked like he took it over then forgot he was in a race, lol.

Will try to keep an eye out for you, following as best I can. We missed on Passport he didn't hit the board, that was 5 at Aqu so still early.

Race 5 was going to be a tough one regardless just because of the sheer size of the field. I think there were 11 that ran all told.

Yup, thought we had it in the bag there. Should've gotten the W, looked like he took it over then forgot he was in a race, lol.

I would have been pissed if I only bet him to win. Thankfully we had him backed up with the place bet too, so it wasn't all bad I guess. Still ridiculous of him, though.

I would have been pissed if I only bet him to win. Thankfully we had him backed up with the place bet too, so it wasn't all bad I guess. Still ridiculous of him, though.

It was frustrating for sure, not gonna lie I was basically counting my money when he took over. I'm no expert but seems like when a horse takes over down the stretch they usually don't give the lead back. Glad we cashed it nonetheless but that was something I haven't seen a ton. It was like he thought the race was over or something.

It was frustrating for sure, not gonna lie I was basically counting my money when he took over. I'm no expert but seems like when a horse takes over down the stretch they usually don't give the lead back. Glad we cashed it nonetheless but that was something I haven't seen a ton. It was like he thought the race was over or something.

Yeah, stuff like that doesn't happen that often, although the chances increase considering it was a cheaper claiming race. But still, it's rare enough that it never should have happened. Especially like that. Sometimes you see the inside horse get headed in the stretch and then come back to win. Yet our guy there put at least a half length on the other horse, plus had the momentum on the outside too.

Oh come on. Not again. Home free in the stretch and gives up the win the last few strides once again. Haha. Okay, enough of that today please.

That was another tough one, she had it until the last sec. We hit place again tho, I'll take it.

We do the get the consolation prize for 2nd, though. But Jesus.

Back