Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

Shit, I might as well play this one too with the E2 angle even though there are concerns there and she may go off shorter than I'd like;

Gulfstream Race 4 - #2 Sister Drama (7/2) to win for $5

Gulfstream Race 1 - #1 Mr Bridger (4/1) to win/place for $4/$6
Gulfstream Race 8 - #4 Umetuka (5/1) to win for $5

Just to put it all into one post. Then we'll see what @BluntTrauma21 wants to do in that race at Santa Anita later, if anything.

Shit, I might as well play this one too with the E2 angle even though there are concerns there and she may go off shorter than I'd like;

I'm in on all 3 races. Thanks for posting Shark and good luck.

How are we supposed to make any money in this game when our horses keep getting bet down? 4/1 on the morning line sitting at 2/1 currently.

Not that we're trying to get rich here with all these nickel and dime bets mind you.

Gulfstream Race 1 - #1 Mr Bridger (4/1) to win/place for $4/$6
Gulfstream Race 8 - #4 Umetuka (5/1) to win for $5

Just to put it all into one post. Then we'll see what @BluntTrauma21 wants to do in that race at Santa Anita later, if anything.

I've cancelled my other bets and am giving up for the day. Sorry @t6p. Those other two are likely to get overbet anyways, and will probably run like shit too.

I've cancelled my other bets and am giving up for the day. Sorry @t6p. Those other two are likely to get overbet anyways, and will probably run like shit too.

No worries bud. I’m letting them ride, not that I have a choice haha.

No worries bud. I’m letting them ride, not that I have a choice haha.

Hey, the good thing about that is that I can't seem to make any good decisions lately, so my decision to get off them probably means both are going to win now. Just watch. Haha.

Sorry @Sharkey been a long day watching the playoffs, can't believe the ending to that Vikes game. thank God I didn't bet that shit, I was kicking myself for not throwing a few bucks on the Saints, then Bam! Plus the Jags beat the Steelers, too much crazy for one day. Now that I'm here I hope you guys made out well.

I've been slacking today, this ufc card is on and I only have a bit of action left on it so I'm gonna start looking at that Smarty Jones race you mentioned and hope we can find some good nugs in there.

Quick trivia about yours truly, my grandpa introduced me to betting the ponies, we would go with my grandparents to a local diner every month or so and when the triple crown races were on, he'd grab the paper and we'd all make plays, then he'd throw a few bucks on each of our plays at the otb.

I had no idea what I was doing but I picked Smarty Jones to win the Derby, and I won, Gramps only bet a few bucks on him for me but I came out with a nice payday, which is probably why I got into gambling by myself in later years. The real deal was when I picked Birdstone over Smarty in the Belmont, I think he was like 50/1, and my Grandpa was basically like Smarty's gonna win so I'll bet these to show instead. Birdstone won, I was ecstatic, next time I saw my grandparents, my Gramps told me that my winnings were in me and my brother's room that we always stayed in as kids and was sorry he didn't bet him to win.

I didn't care too much, money didn't matter a whole lot at the time, I was barely a teenager back then, but this Smarty Jones race, whenever I hear that name I smile. I bet on him and won, then bet against him and won. It was blind luck, I didn't put any thought into it whatsoever, but hopefully Smarty Jones will be gl for us here tomorrow. He's always been good to me, win or lose. Hopefully his namesake race will be good to us again.

Anyway I thought i'd tell that story b/c of this race. That got me into betting and was early in my life of experience watching the ponies. Smarty Jones and Birdstone will always have a special place in my heart for that.

Sorry @Sharkey been a long day watching the playoffs, can't believe the ending to that Vikes game. thank God I didn't bet that shit, I was kicking myself for not throwing a few bucks on the Saints, then Bam! Plus the Jags beat the Steelers, too much crazy for one day. Now that I'm here I hope you guys made out well.

I've been slacking today, this ufc card is on and I only have a bit of action left on it so I'm gonna start looking at that Smarty Jones race you mentioned and hope we can find some good nugs in there.

Quick trivia about yours truly, my grandpa introduced me to betting the ponies, we would go with my grandparents to a local diner every month or so and when the triple crown races were on, he'd grab the paper and we'd all make plays, then he'd throw a few bucks on each of our plays at the otb.

I had no idea what I was doing but I picked Smarty Jones to win the Derby, and I won, Gramps only bet a few bucks on him for me but I came out with a nice payday, which is probably why I got into gambling by myself in later years. The real deal was when I picked Birdstone over Smarty in the Belmont, I think he was like 50/1, and my Grandpa was basically like Smarty's gonna win so I'll bet these to show instead. Birdstone won, I was ecstatic, next time I saw my grandparents, my Gramps told me that my winnings were in me and my brother's room that we always stayed in as kids and was sorry he didn't bet him to win.

I didn't care too much, money didn't matter a whole lot at the time, I was barely a teenager back then, but this Smarty Jones race, whenever I hear that name I smile. I bet on him and won, then bet against him and won. It was blind luck, I didn't put any thought into it whatsoever, but hopefully Smarty Jones will be gl for us here tomorrow. He's always been good to me, win or lose. Hopefully his namesake race will be good to us again.

Anyway I thought i'd tell that story b/c of this race. That got me into betting and was early in my life of experience watching the ponies. Smarty Jones and Birdstone will always have a special place in my heart for that.

That's awesome, Blunt. Smarty was a super cool horse. One of the most popular horses there's been over the last couple of decades. Bit of a rags to riches story with him since his pedigree was quite underwhelming as far as being a classic distance runner. But that horse had a ton of heart and had a great mind, though, which overcame whatever limitations were in his bloodlines.

I look forward to seeing whatever you can come up with, bud, because I am completely lost right now. I already started work on just betting some straight $1 supers tomorrow just for the hell of it. Finished capping/doing my numbers for the Aqueduct card tomorrow and then a couple of races at Gulfstream. I may do Santa Anita too. Or maybe Oaklawn. A waste of money it will be, but whatever. At least it won't be much and when they miss it's expected.

I quit after just the one race today. The horse I liked got bet down to 5/2 or something like that, which was annoying by itself. Then the horse barely ran a lick in finishing 4th, so I called it quits for the day right then.

Not gonna be able to post much here tom if at all, but I kind of like Tap Daddy, bet 5 to place on him, that's it tho b/c haven't seen a ton of value and not very confident. Hope whatever plays you guys make, they win.

Will look for more stuff when I get more time later in the week. GL!

Not gonna be able to post much here tom if at all, but I kind of like Tap Daddy, bet 5 to place on him, that's it tho b/c haven't seen a ton of value and not very confident. Hope whatever plays you guys make, they win.

Will look for more stuff when I get more time later in the week. GL!

I'm going to pass on this race now, Blunt, since the 2 scratches have brought the field down to only 5. Not going to get any kind of return on Tap Daddy to place anyways unless both favourites finish outside the top 2. Good luck.

Also, I may have something for you later on in the week.

I'm going to pass on this race now, Blunt, since the 2 scratches have brought the field down to only 5. Not going to get any kind of return on Tap Daddy to place anyways unless both favourites finish outside the top 2. Good luck.

yeah, saw the bet didn't hit so that was a good idea, either way. Didn't get a chance to try to cancel it but only a small loss. I should've stayed away from that one, maybe pressed it too hard.

Nice, looking forward to some more action!

We got any races we liking for this weekend @Sharkey ? I'm gonna browse some of the pp's soon. Maybe look for a bigger stakes race so there's more square/public money flooding in.

We got any races we liking for this weekend @Sharkey ? I'm gonna browse some of the pp's soon. Maybe look for a bigger stakes race so there's more square/public money flooding in.

I'm doing the whole Aqueduct for card tomorrow, Blunt. Well, save for that one race you capped last week which will be ran there tomorrow. I'll be tailing there.

What I have for tomorrow's Aqueduct card pre-scratches (have alternative too for most of these if they do scratch), and these are all going to be $5 to win and $10 to place for me;

Race 1 - #2 California Swing 3/1 (#1 Sons of Oahu 8/1 as the backup in case of scratch)

Race 3 - #2 Miss Hot Stones 6/5

Race 5 - #12 Passporttovictory 5/1 (#7 Jump for Joy 5/1 as backup)

Race 7- #8 Isotope 8/1 (#6 Christmas Sky 5/1 as backup)

Race 8 - #2 Quezon 7/5 (plus the exacta box that @BluntTrauma21 came up with last week)

Race 9 - #3 Bluegrass Singer 9/2 (#2 Pirrellone 5/1 as backup)

Last edited:

There, now you know what I meant with this comment here @BluntTrauma21. Best of luck to you if you're going to try it out.

I'm going to try a couple of races at Gulfstream tomorrow as well (the same win & place for $5/$10), in addition to Aqueduct;

Race 2 - #6 Promete 3/1

Race 6 - #8 Starship Reina 7/2

I'm going to try a couple of races at Gulfstream tomorrow as well (the same win & place for $5/$10), in addition to Aqueduct;

Race 2 - #6 Promete 3/1

Race 6 - #8 Starship Reina 7/2
Followed on everything tomorrow, GL to us!

Back