Kentucky Derby and Beyond (Part Deuce)

Played Rombauer across the board. GL boys!
I'm just going to take a small flyer on Rombauer and then play a straight Concert Tour over Rombauer exacta as well, which could pay out around 60/1 if a miracle happens and it somehow does hit.

I'm basically hoping Concert Tour gets a clear enough lead throughout, Medina Spirit and Midnight Bourbon get into it at the top of the stretch battling for 2nd, and then Rombauer surprises them both late to grab 2nd for himself.

Not a particularly interesting betting race, but trying something.

Great call guys I tailed just before they stepped into the gates

It was all you bro, I just followed the Horse Father's line of thinking.

Cheers bud. Congrats on another win as well. A 12/1 in the Derby and now an 11/1 I think it was. Great prices.

And not to put any pressure on you, but you'll have your own Triple Crown on the line in the Belmont. :D

Cheers bud. Congrats on another win as well. A 12/1 in the Derby and now an 11/1 I think it was. Great prices.

And not to put any pressure on you, but you'll have your own Triple Crown on the line in the Belmont. :D
Ahhh Belmont bring it on you Triple Crown killer!

#DerbyFrameJob
#TheFixWasIn
#TheRealCulprits
#YouDon'tKnowTheHalfOfIt
#WeHaveProof

:D

I'm just a little bit out of mind, but I like to thing we had a little bit of help from some friends in that race when paying attention to the colours. It was by no means the first time for me either. Crazy thing. :confused::D

I'm just a little bit out of mind, but I like to thing we had a little bit of help from some friends in that race when paying attention to the colours. It was by no means the first time for me either. Crazy thing. :confused::D
Turns out she left the pink in just the right amount of time. Thanks Janet!

I just saw the ESPN article: https://www.espn.com/horse-racing/s...ering-medina-spirit-other-horses-belmont-park

At least until they "get to the bottom of it" so to speak.

:-/

I'm curious what other, if any, jurisdictions follow NYRA's lead on this and not allow Baffert to run. A lot of them have followed NYRA in the past when it came to suspensions, but never for a trainer of Baffert's stature. That I can remember anyways.

On a related note;

This news sucks just a little bit more with me having always liked Linda.

Going to be throwing in rock your world in exactas this weekend. Small field and he’s a front runner could go wire to wire. The odds in this race aren’t the best but gotta hope one of these longer shots come in the money.

Going to be throwing in rock your world in exactas this weekend. Small field and he’s a front runner could go wire to wire. The odds in this race aren’t the best but gotta hope one of these longer shots come in the money.

Same horse I selected for first in multiple contests. Good luck to both of us.

Hopefully @BluntTrauma21 doesn't take this too seriously with him going for the triple crown and all, but I think I'll join you guys on the Rock Your World bandwagon for the race and give him another try. If just for the fun of it all.

Plus I consulted my betters who'll humbly boast for an hour, eyes above as she is with that silver slate power;

Though if you watch both til the end and with her "in the know", a heads up from the hip she may have been trying to show;

Last edited:
Some free Brisnet PPs if anyone hasn't taken a look at the race yet and were wanting to (can find under Brad Cox's name);

https://thefreepps.com/handicapping/brisnet-trainers-past-performances/

And some live odds too if anybody wanted to get an idea how the public is looking at the race and/or have to get a bet in early;

https://www.belmontstakes.com/racing/belmont-stakes-live-odds

There's just over $1.5 million in the pool so far, but an early 8/1 on Rombauer makes me think he just might offer some value come post time as he hasn't really gotten much attention from any of the public handicappers I've seen so far either. I mean, sure, he could very well regress and significantly so off the big effort in the Preakness. But if he's a good price then it might be worth it to gamble and say that effort was just him coming into his own. We'll see what he's at closer to the race, though.

Back