Kenny Florian

edwardfingerhut

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was posting in another thread about him and thought I would ask the question.....I believe Kenny could beat at least 75% of both the 145 and 155 divisions barring any injuries....

I forgot how good Kenny was and he beat alot of good people.....I wish he would have been more aggressive....If he had been I don't believe he would have been mauled by every serious wrestler he fought.....Thoughts?

His problem was he could never stop strong wrestlers and there were better strikers than him in the division.

LW also has exploded with new fighters since he left as has FW.

Honestly, I think he just realized he wasn't going to be a champ and figured he'd had as good of a career as possible at that point. He had a smart retirement.

I think Florian would steamroll a guy like Ricardo Lamas. Look at what Danny Castillo and Yuri Alcantara did to Lamas. Some people claim Lamas is top 5 now at FW.

His problem was he could never stop strong wrestlers and there were better strikers than him in the division.

LW also has exploded with new fighters since he left as has FW.

Honestly, I think he just realized he wasn't going to be a champ and figured he'd had as good of a career as possible at that point. He had a smart retirement.

He did better in the Aldo fight then I thought he would.....It was a good retirement though.... I still think he would give the Nate Diaz Joe Lauzon Melvin Gulliards of the world a tough time.....He wouldn't be able to get by Maynard Henderson Edgar or Pettis though but I still think he would beat some top 10 guys......

Florian could still be top ten in either weightclass IMO.

Florian was a fun fighter to watch. His fight with Huerta was a lot of fun.

I think Florian would steamroll a guy like Ricardo Lamas. Look at what Danny Castillo and Yuri Alcantara did to Lamas. Some people claim Lamas is top 5 now at FW.

Lamas is top 5. He just beat HIoki. Lamas has improved a ton since he fought Castillo and Alcantara. and let's not act like Florian set the world on fire when he was at fw. Nunes dropped him twice and nearly finished him and Nunes has been far from a finisher at fw.

Id love to see him make a safe comeback.

Lamas is top 5. He just beat HIoki. Lamas has improved a ton since he fought Castillo and Alcantara. and let's not act like Florian set the world on fire when he was at fw. Nunes dropped him twice and nearly finished him and Nunes has been far from a finisher at fw.

With what?

I'm just saying if a guy like Lamas is Top 5 at featherweight, Florian has a legit shot at still being a top contender. Lamas had looked decent as of late, but let's not blast Florian's win over Nunes and pretend that Lamas' victory over Hioki was some sort of dominant win. Lamas basically won by holding onto guillotines for half the fight.

I was posting in another thread about him and thought I would ask the question.....I believe Kenny could beat at least 75% of both the 145 and 155 divisions barring any injuries....

I forgot how good Kenny was and he beat alot of good people.....I wish he would have been more aggressive....If he had been I don't believe he would have been mauled by every serious wrestler he fought.....Thoughts?

He's one of the few MMA good guys but I agree with most the posts would still be top 10 in either weight class imo but its a good retirement probs earns as much now

If Kenny had the takedown defense of Jose Aldo or someone like that he probably would have been champ @ LW at one point. Either that or if he had an even better guard than he already had.

Kenny was probably the smartest fighter to ever fight in the UFC. If his body and (some) of his skills were as good as his mind he would be in the P4P discussions lol.

Kenny was a good fighter with a great fight IQ and good technique, he just isn't as athletic as many of the guys coming through, unfortunately in this day and age that was always going to limit him.

Nuts that he started at MW too, dude cut an incredible amount.

Back