KenFlo

Monacomo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Where does Kenny Florian rank among LW greats? He has to be top 10, if not fringe top 5. The guy was durable and a finisher in a division that lacked finishers.

Florini didn't have the balls to tell that bald-headed stooge Dr. Phil to call him Florian. He doesn't enter contention for the top, why rank him?

Off the top of my head, top 10 lightweights all-time (no particular order):
BJ
Frankie
Pettis
[insert Japanese guy here]
Gomi
Pulver
Yves
Gil
Josh Thomson
Cerronnay
[insert another Japanese guy here]
Bendo

Somewhere behind Penn and Edgar
Honourable mention to Sean Sherk who never gets any recognition/respect

i liked florian, feel like if he would have beat BJ he could have went on to be one of the GOAT, alas it wasn't to be...

I wish he would fight again.

Definitely top 10, probably around #5. He doesn't get enough credit.

The fact that Sean Sherks only losses are against Matt Hughes, Frankie, BJ and GSP really isn't a bad 4 to have on your record as your only losses.

For me, what makes KenFlo a great fighter is that he fought competitively in multiple weight classes.

The fact that Sean Sherks only losses are against Matt Hughes, Frankie, BJ and GSP really isn't a bad 4 to have on your record as your only losses.

Thanks actually very impressive especially since some of those fights were against two of the best WWs in the world.

Sherk doesn't get mentioned because you have to examine his UFC wins AT lightweight. They were Florian, Franca, Griffin and Dunham. The Franca fight had controversy with the failed test and all that drama and the Dunham fight many people had him losing that fight and didn't deserve the decision. Even if all 4 of those fights had been dominating wins by stoppage AND he hadn't gotten beaten so very badly by Penn he STILL wouldn't make my top 10 all time LWs. He just doesn't have enough top wins to qualify for me.

Top ten foo sho but not sure where he may lie.

Back