KenFlo is back

"Mr Florian, we're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start..."

2179159-agent_smith.jpg

Fuck that.

That should not matter whatsoever.

It's obvious he was in the wrong for copying someone elses work and I thought he handled the whole thing awfully, from that statement calling it an "oversight" to Cruz revealing he wasn't happy with him for, what seemed like, a harmless dig at him.

But when you hear MMA writers (I can't call them journalists) spouting off about it going against "journalistic integrity" it's laughable. There's a lot of writers who seem to lack any sort of integrity and come across as professional wind up merchants - same as those involved in reporting on news, other sports and other topics.

A lot of the writers in MMA seem to be cut from the same cloth. I'd only give Helwani as someone who stands out from the rest of them because he interviews a lot of the fighters on a weekly basis and asks questions which apply to whoever he's talking to. But still, he prods and pokes for reactions some of the time. I've read on here Fowlkes is regarded as a decent writer but I've only listend to some two minute segment he does on youtube that's like a 'get it off your chest' segment.

They're a peculiar bunch who when they ask a question they know that they're looking to get a reaction and a fighter who doesn't take too kindly to it, they hide behind their mantra of "I'm a journalist doing my job of asking questions" not that its a regular thing, but that journalist who asked Browne about the eye pokes and then referred to the 'people on the internet' as feeling there was a lot of controversy was, I thought, an example of what a wind bag he was for not saying he felt there was some controversy in the fight, instead of making it seem like he was asking on behalf of the internet.

He cheated at his job. Sonnen got fired for it. He should be imprisoned.

Kenny "Ctrl C" Florian.

"You're a funny guy Sully, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last."
- Kenny "Matrix" Florian

Good, I'm glad. I like the guy. He fucked up, and was busted. He owned it, and had to be punished. The punishment fit the crime. I mean the shit he will forever now take on here will continue to be epic. Can't go a PG on any thread without a Ken-Flo quote. I've even done a few myself.

Publicly reprimanded by Fox in the form of his suspension. Castigated by the MMA community ( Press, fighters, fans ). He did the crime, he did the time. Let's move on.

Florian is a great host on UFC Tonight, he usually keeps it real when discussing match-ups.
Good to see him back.

Back