Ken Shamrock's "Beyond the Lion's Den"...worth the investment?

Iceman5592 said:
Although he didn't show my personal favorite arm bar of his. It was an AWESOME set up by him. I forget who he did it to. But he was sitting in side mount, with his arms draped over his opponent, relaxed. The bottom guy didn't know what to expect. All of a sudden, Saku EXPLODED with punches to the guy's face, out of nowhere, just rapid fire; BAM BAM BAM! Instinctively, the bottom man put his hands up to his face. Biiiig mistake. Saku grabbed the near arm and armbarred it. I want to try this, but it's a move that seems like it'd be more effective in a match than in the gym, because it relies on that rapid fire, hard punching; something you wouldn't want to do if you like your training partner.

Sounds like his fight against Braga

Kforcer said:
I'm trying to sharpen my catch-as-catch-can knowledge and ability to the max...and as far as a book I can find on the shelves of Barnes and Nobles...its basically the only relevant text out there. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

I have a notebook where I sketch down moves, take notes of principles passed on to me, etc...plus, I have lockflow.com and other online sources for moves....that, in addition to some old wrestling handbooks....as well as a video instructional, "Instant Submissions" by Frank Shamrock and of course, an enormous MMA library...

30 bucks...is behind the Lion's Den worth it...?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH......
When I was Younger I worked @ a Book Supply Warehouse, and I kinda got it for free, and it was barley worth it. No, for real, go to the book store with your note book some weekend, and read/sketch all you want...its free:icon_twis

man, it's not that big of a book,
just keep going to Barnes & Nobles I bet you can finish it in a few days.
I like it a lot.

even has bonus techniques portion in it. It's a really good book.

I don't train or nothing, but I do know the basics, and kind the whole "what I see on TV" thing, but I did get the Shamrock book, and it actually helped me a lot because I didn't much at all. The biography is also pretty interesting, but if you got the money just buy it. You should like it.

Back