Ken Shamrock Wants To Beat Up Kimbo Slice, Then Fight Tito Again

I'd love to see him fight in Bellator again. He's a TRUE legend of the sport and is still fairly young. He probably won't be challenging Newton any time soon, but I'll bet he could still be a top LHW in the UFC if he wanted to...which of course he doesn't because he hates Dana and doesn't need to work cheap.

Lol wtf!? You're trolling surely? You honestly believe he could be a top lhw in the UFC?

Ken is one of the few fighters i'd actually have to go with Kimbo on if they fought.

Would most likely be horrendous to watch, but i would.

Also, Tito would wreck Ken again. Might be the most one sided feud in mma history.

Again, go and watch quinns opponents, they are no-bodies with zero skill

Yeah, but out of 45 fights, Ken has only KO'd 2 people. And that includes when he was young and in great shape. Why....because frankly he ins't that great at striking. I don't know who is opponent is, but if this quinn fella can do even basic boxing and isn't as old as Ken, I predict he beats Ken.

Yeah, but out of 45 fights, Ken has only KO'd 2 people. And that includes when he was young and in great shape. Why....because frankly he ins't that great at striking. I don't know who is opponent is, but if this quinn fella can do even basic boxing and isn't as old as Ken, I predict he beats Ken.

If you know Kens history then you will know that standup was not his fighting style, submission fighting was, this is why he only 2 victories by KO. The later stage of his career he has worked more on his standup. That being said Ken still hits extremely hard (anyone that trains with him says this) and his skill levels are on a completely different level than quinns.

If you know Kens history then you will know that standup was not his fighting style, submission fighting was, this is why he only 2 victories by KO. The later stage of his career he has worked more on his standup. That being said Ken still hits extremely hard (anyone that trains with him says this) and his skill levels are on a completely different level than quinns.

water is wet...

As of 5 years ago, Ken was losing to worse guys than Kimbo, guys that would not have been able to hold their own against Houston Alexander.

I think Kimbo would have to be the favorite, but hell, if Ken wants to take a shot and still has some stuff in the basement, I'll cheer for him.

However, Ken has definitely declined more than Tito since their last two fights, which weren't competitive even then.

Still, hell, I'll root for the guy. Would be a crazy comeback if he managed to pull this one-two off.

This.

He's definitely the UFC HOF in worst financial conditions. He probably loses only to Charles Lewis, and only because he is dead.

Mask would probably still be a live underdog, maybe +800 or so.

In all honesty though, I think Ken would beat both Royce and Miletich if they fought today.

Ken should cancel that ridiculous joke of a fight with the bare knuckle brawler and convince Coker to sign him. Because if he goes through with the BK fight and loses, even his starpower won't get him a fight in Bellator.

Agreed. First off, it is a terrible idea for Ken to take any match that is striking only, negating his advantage over most people. It's like Royce Gracie signing with Glory or K1, or Mike Tyson showing up for Metamoris.

The guy is a submission wrestler. Add bare knuckle to the mix, and all he is doing is upping his chances of broken hands, facial bones, and facial lacerations. Plus I watched Knuckle. These guys bite and shit during their fights.

Ken might walk away with a missing ear and a ruptured testicle.

If Ken wants to build some momentum, he should try to talk someone like Oleg or Kerr or Tank into a match, so he can get a couple legends wins and call up Coker. Beating this bareknuckle guy won't accomplish much, and I don't see how Ken is the favorite in this match any more than this bareknuckle guy would be if he agreed to a submissions match with Ken.

Last edited:

I know Kens history very well. Well enough in fact to know that the reason he has, in the "later stage of his career...worked more on his standup" is because old age and long grueling career have slowed him down, left him with bad knees, and made it virtually impossible to get a takedown on anybody. That same old age and long grueling career will have a very similar toll on his striking ability. Slower reflexes, less power, less speed, less ability to take a hit. And I just watched this Quinn guy and yes, he is sub par street brawler....and it should be plenty enough to beat Shamrock at this point in his career.

For that matter, why doesn't Ken do a match at Metamoris?

And here we go ...

http://bellator.com/articles/kimbo-shamrock

Looks like he is getting his wish. I wouldn't doubt he gets the Tito match if he beats Kimbo. Which I think he will.

Bonnar could be another match up for him, with a win over Kimbo, or even could be used as a third match up after / if he gets the Tito fight and most likely loses.

There is not one person in the world who wants to see Ortiz/Shamrock 4.

2j2ia69.gif

Ken will put out mere hours before the event due to a cut. :icon_chee

I hope Ken beats Kimbo.

But I also hope Tito would refuse to fight Ken again, it would be pointless for Tito...

Back