Ken Shamrock to fight in bare knuckle boxing match

Does not seem smart. I hope both men make it out in good health. Anyone know if they get to use mouth guards.

Also is ken getting paid for this or is he just looking for a fight?

If Ken actually makes it to the ring he'll get paid. One thing is certain, Ken will get hurt either before or during the fight.

lol'd @ dental metal

Yeah, obviously it came from Frank, so it is suspect, of course. But it all fits together pretty nicely and makes more sense then Ken's story, I must say.

Ken went into detail on the MMA hour about the Kimbo incident, he was just unlucky he collided heads and the cut was deep, he had double stitches. Lol @ Ken wanting no part of Kimbo Slice..

Frank Shamrock was just bitter at the time.

Ken went into detail on the MMA hour about the Kimbo incident, he was just unlucky he collided heads and the cut was deep, he had double stitches. Lol @ Ken wanting no part of Kimbo Slice..

Frank Shamrock was just bitter at the time.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and not believe Ken Shamrock, because he has proven time and again that he is full of shit.

His story makes no sense.

What part of it makes no sense?

The part he left out: he asked for more money and bladed himself when they said "no."

They should have let Frank fight Kimbo. The nobody that beat Kimbo (can't even recall his name nor can I be bothered to look it up) helped to bring down the company. At least with a loss to Frank, Kimbo would have lost to someone instead of what ended up happening.

What part of it makes no sense?

Oh, I don't know, doing drills in your hotel room a few hours before the fight, rather than your dressing room that would have dedicated space for that.

It was quite convenient though that the cut happened completely away from prying eyes, only a few hours away from the fight, with Ken's parting words the previous day being "You never know what might happen".

Look, you can believe what you want, but I know Ken Shamrock, and he is a huckster. The Ken Shamrock from the NHB days is gone and has not existed for years.

180088_10150375075495427_4116918_n.jpg

Lol really dude?

Pancrase, an offset of shoot fighting , shoot boxing , professional wrestling, pankration, catch wrestling, mma...isn't at all related to bare knuckle boxing.

Pancrase, an offset of shoot fighting , shoot boxing , professional wrestling, pankration, catch wrestling, mma...isn't at all related to bare knuckle boxing.

UFC was bareknuckle.. you said when has Ken fought bare knuckle... well he has.. fact... deal with it.

UFC was bareknuckle.. you said when has Ken fought bare knuckle... well he has.. fact... deal with it.

Sorry should have been more clear, meant as in the sport.

Unfortunately, as Chael Soneen has pointed out, Ken now had a horrible reputation of taking advance fees, then backing out of fights at the last minute.

This is what Chael had to say about Ken years ago:

On how he feels about James Toney fighting Ken Shamrock:

http://www.cagepotato.com/chael-son...s-fight-with-toney-was-never-going-to-happen/

“I can guarantee you that as sure as night follows day, that not only is that fight never gonna happen, it never was. Ken Shamrock is going around to all these different promoters doing his typical scumbag move getting money up front saying, “You know, I’m a Hall of Famer and I don’t even know if you guys are going to exist, so give me a ten grand signing bonus.”

He takes their money, goes and blades himself in the back, or whatever make believe thing that guy does, won’t show up – guaranteed he won’t show up – keeps their ten grand and goes on to the next unassuming promoter. He’s not gonna fight James Toney anymore than you are. He never was. That fight won’t happen, mark my words.”

Last edited:
Unfortunately, as Chael Soneen has pointed out, Ken now had a horrible reputation of taking advance fees, then backing out of fights at the last minute.

This is what Chael had to say about Ken years ago:

On how he feels about James Toney fighting Ken Shamrock:

http://www.cagepotato.com/chael-son...s-fight-with-toney-was-never-going-to-happen/

“I can guarantee you that as sure as night follows day, that not only is that fight never gonna happen, it never was. Ken Shamrock is going around to all these different promoters doing his typical scumbag move getting money up front saying, “You know, I’m a Hall of Famer and I don’t even know if you guys are going to exist, so give me a ten grand signing bonus.”

He takes their money, goes and blades himself in the back, or whatever make believe thing that guy does, won’t show up – guaranteed he won’t show up – keeps their ten grand and goes on to the next unassuming promoter. He’s not gonna fight James Toney anymore than you are. He never was. That fight won’t happen, mark my words.”

I posted somewhere earlier in this thread that James said that if Ken back outs, there will be some legal problems that Ken will get himself into.

bullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllshit does this fight happen.

Your comment is meaningless after the above expression.

What expression is that?

I don't think Slice would beat everyone in MMA, since we have seen him lose, but I think he would beat Shamrock. Shamrock knew that too, which is why he cut himself, IMO.

Last edited:
No, but he would have beat up Shamrock. Which is why Shamrock intentionally cut himself to get out of their fight.

Please try to keep up.

Ken Shamrock =/= everyone in MMA

And they would not even be fighting MMA, it would be bareknuckle boxing, no grappling.

maybe its because im a fan of ken's but why would you favor kimbo over ken in an mma fight? not saying kimbo couldnt knock ken out but whats stopping shamrock from taking kimbo down and submitting him? kimbo literally had no takedown defense, wrestling, or submission skills.

maybe its because im a fan of ken's but why would you favor kimbo over ken in an mma fight? not saying kimbo couldnt knock ken out but whats stopping shamrock from taking kimbo down and submitting him? kimbo literally had no takedown defense, wrestling, or submission skills.

Because the Ken Shamrock that has existed for the last 10 years is not the guy from the early UFC. The Ken that exists now is washed up, has no heart, and is looking simply to get paid. He is one step below Bob Sapp. Kimbo touches him and he would fold/quit and take his payday.

Of course I would favour Ken in his prime, but this is not who was going to fight Kimbo. That guy is dead and gone.

Back