Ken Shamrock to fight in bare knuckle boxing match

I really don't believe that this match will happen. I hope i'm wrong though.

Obligatory,

That video made me wonder how James Toney would sound if he was raised up speaking the Irish gypsy language.
That would be amazing to hear.

These bareknuckle fights have the best ever pre-fight trash talk.

[YT]wL6aDrzs3Fs[/YT]

The fights themselves obviously aren't very good though. But like others have said, I highly doubt K.en will show up. He's been running game on fight promoters for a while now. Either way, I feel really bad for the guy. I mean he was once the poster boy for NHB/MMA, was a star in WWE, kept a high profile with UFC through the early TUF years, and ended up as a sad story, a cautionary tale for aspiring fighters. I wish he could just somehow earn a comfortable living for the rest of his years.

Put your hands in petrol.

I don't think a MD would tell you that it is too good for your health.
Probably some of the chemicals can enter your bloodstream.
Still a neat video.

He's literally doing this because he probably can't get licensed anywhere with a sanctioning body, small organizations in unregulated areas don't want to get scammed by him, and ultimately he's broke

If Ken Shamrock gets into it with some pikeys, he will have lost any self respect he had left.

I dont think he is that broke, I think he might just want to try it. From what I know most BK fights are winner take all.

Yeah, and if Kimbo Slice ever went into MMA, he would kick the shit out of everyone.

You have that twisted.
Kimbo went as a street fighter to MMA.
Ken is going into BKB from MMA. Into James' world.

James is really durable, but again, I wonder what the rules will be.

Going back to his bareknuckle roots, I hope that time off of fighting has helped his chin. The fact that Ken is an Irish American also probably helps sell a fight where a Traveller is the main attraction.

His chin isn't going to be any better than it was at his worst.

Yeah, and if Kimbo Slice ever went into MMA, he would kick the shit out of everyone.

No, but he would have beat up Shamrock. Which is why Shamrock intentionally cut himself to get out of their fight.

Please try to keep up.

Ken Shamrock =/= everyone in MMA

And they would not even be fighting MMA, it would be bareknuckle boxing, no grappling.

No, but he would have beat up Shamrock. Which is why Shamrock intentionally cut himself to get out of their fight.

Please try to keep up.

Ken Shamrock =/= everyone in MMA

And they would not even be fighting MMA, it would be bareknuckle boxing, no grappling.

Well grappling and clashing heads in the days before a fight is unprofessional but intentional?

Well grappling and clashing heads in the days before a fight is unprofessional but intentional?

I think it was done intentionally to get out of the fight. It wasn't days, it was only a couple hours before he was to fight.

Shamrock tried to hold out and "renegotiate" his contract right before the fight, essentially holding EliteXC hostage, and when they said no, Shamrock went ahead and "accidentally" cut himself to get out of the fight.

It was quite convenient that just a few hours before the fight he was doing drills in his hotel room with only one other person there, and not in his dressing room with his whole team and officials. This comes from Frank Shamrock, who says that Ken used his pro-wrestling know-how to blade his eyebrow to create the cut.

Ken didn't want any part of Kimbo.

I think it was done intentionally to get out of the fight. It wasn't days, it was only a couple hours before he was to fight.

Shamrock tried to hold out and "renegotiate" his contract right before the fight, essentially holding EliteXC hostage, and when they said no, Shamrock went ahead and "accidentally" cut himself to get out of the fight.

It was quite convenient that just a few hours before the fight he was doing drills in his hotel room with only one other person there, and not in his dressing room with his whole team and officials. This comes from Frank Shamrock, who says that Ken used his pro-wrestling know-how to blade his eyebrow to create the cut.

I never heard about that part of the story, thanks for the insight.

This all comes from Frank Shamrock, who hated Ken at the time.

So take it with a grain of salt, plus a few dozen pounds of dental metalware.

This all comes from Frank Shamrock, who hated Ken at the time.

So take it with a grain of salt, plus a few dozen pounds of dental metalware.

lol'd @ dental metal

Yeah, obviously it came from Frank, so it is suspect, of course. But it all fits together pretty nicely and makes more sense then Ken's story, I must say.

Why are people saying this is not Kens first bare knuckle fight ? Since when has Ken fought bareknuckle?

Why are people saying this is not Kens first bare knuckle fight ? Since when has Ken fought bareknuckle?

180088_10150375075495427_4116918_n.jpg

Back