Ken Shamrock on Inside BJJ

tf

Inside BJJ Podcast
@Blue
Reaction score
Got the chance to have Ken Shamrock on the show to talk about his feud with Tito Ortiz, Dana White, and brother Frank Shamrock. Ken talks about his time in the WWE, training with Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer, and the legendary Lion

Can't wait! I'm sure you guys were really jacked up for this one given your location and backgrounds.

3 hours long!???! There has to be a better way. Really want to hear what Ken has to say, but who has 3 hours to sit and listen? Anyway to break it up into shorter segments or transcript it or something?

3 hours long!???! There has to be a better way. Really want to hear what Ken has to say, but who has 3 hours to sit and listen? Anyway to break it up into shorter segments or transcript it or something?
I guess you can try not listening to the entire thing in one shot..

I like the longer podcasts. It's mostly background for me when I lift, drive, etc, and I'm happy to listen to them in pieces.

Great thing about podcasts is you can get them whenever you want. I've got a long commute and break long shows up over the week.

From a podcaster perspective you can never win when it comes to episode lengths. I'll let Tim speak for himself and the Inside BJJ crew but at OpenMatRadio I get people requesting shorter episodes and longer episodes in equal proportion. I used to split episodes up. People would get pissed that it messed with the flow of the conversation too much.

I think part of what all of us podcasters are trying to do is document some of the history of jiu jitsu and mma. So when we get a guest that has a lot to say we try to get as much as we can.

3 hours of some random shmoe might get on my nerves. 3 hours of Ken Shamrock on the other hand...

Long podcasts are fine with me. You just listen to it in pieces when you have time. No worries. Keep up the good work InsideBJJ.

So you can't break not yourselves? I don't mind the length of the podcast. If yo don't like it you can break it into segments yourselves.

3 hours of some random shmoe might get on my nerves. 3 hours of Ken Shamrock on the other hand...

I love Ken but I can only handle about 3 minutes of him talking these days. I'd rather watch his old Pancrase fights.

I'll still listen to the podcast, though it might take a few days.

Back