Ken Shamrock on getting screwed in ufc 1!

there was mind games and fuckery going on, sure, but hoise was going to win anyways

I remember some fight with Ken where he kicked with his shoes on and Big John was like "don't kick! don't you dare kick!".

If only...I had...my shoes...

eDNZXV.gif

“A black belt only covers two inches of your ass – you have to cover the rest.”
Kenny Florian

Mark Coleman once said the best thing about Pride was the ability to wear wrestling shoes. He said it just made his overall game stronger. Better TDs and better control of opponents on the ground.
Shoes also probably saved Pete Williams from breaking his foot on Colemans face when he kicked his head clean off....
I think Colemans favorite thing about Pride was the roids not the shoes.

no hand wraps for strikers either, gee I wonder who benefitted from that?

"MMAEXP3RT is an imbecile"-
Kenny Florian

it will happen, will make good money for fixing another fight... -_-'
Gracie legitimately acted as if he just destroyed Shamrock and was strutting his stuff after the stoppage which was PURE B/S. Shamrock got hit in the nuts for Christ sake and he could barely breathe. It was obvious the second Gracie pathetically took Ken down and gnp'd his way to that win. It's a shame Coker won't let Shamrock get a fakn rematch. He has to live with that for the rest of his life.

I'd be mad too if I was choked out by a guy wearing his pajamas.

The shoes still would not have helped him in their first fight.
I get it that he is bitter about it, but the shoes had nothing to do with the choke.

Edit: I agree with you about being excited for the fight. Fuck those that just look at their age. Two legends fighting again, why not be excited?

My friend in China makes special shoes that make you immune to chokes.

Shoes also probably saved Pete Williams from breaking his foot on Colemans face when he kicked his head clean off....
I think Colemans favorite thing about Pride was the roids not the shoes.

Heh, heh, heh.

Smart ass.

Shamrock always has controversial losses. I don't know what is real or looks suspiciously fake

ken said since the gracies basically ran the ufc back in the day...they told him he could not wear his wrestling shoes because they would be a weapon.........but royce got to use a gi that was used as a weapon to choke ken out....excited to see the fight tonight to see how ken beats on royce.

Funny. So even Shamrock himself believes the myth that Royce caught him in a gi choke?

It was a modified rear naked choke ('side' naked choke, to be more precise).

There was no gi involved:

UFC01-RoyceXKen-04-400-slomotapout2-sg.gif

UFC-1-Royce-Gracie-vs-Ken-Shamrock.jpg

Gracie legitimately acted as if he just destroyed Shamrock and was strutting his stuff after the stoppage which was PURE B/S. Shamrock got hit in the nuts for Christ sake and he could barely breathe. It was obvious the second Gracie pathetically took Ken down and gnp'd his way to that win. It's a shame Coker won't let Shamrock get a fakn rematch. He has to live with that for the rest of his life.

Something else would happen in the rematch and then Ken would want yet another chance.
Before you know it, they will have fought 3x in a short span, like Tito/Ken.

i like how he stated that back in the day...there were no rules...like it applies today!

Back