Ken fears no one

Tito's dome is huge. It looked even worse when he was young.

Tito used to be able to string a sentence together, sad to see now.

Tito used to be able to string a sentence together, sad to see now.
he gets nervous when he needs to talk live, wasn't it always like that? at least i remember always thinking he dude seemed pretty stupid. he was a hell of a fighter in his prime though.

I still think prime Ken at HW mops the floor with Tito.

giphy.gif

Ken Shamerock

I respect him as a fighter, but those last 6-7 years.. Whew

Ken Shamerock

I respect him as a fighter, but those last 6-7 years.. Whew

You respect him as a fighter after those last 6-7 years? He made an excuse for every time he got knocked down, was being pummeled and couldn't do anything. The Sakuraba one was particularly stupid, as Saku would've sent him to the same hell Tito's elbows did to him like 3 years later.

He's been complaining about UFC 1 for 25 years!!!

You respect him as a fighter after those last 6-7 years? He made an excuse for every time he got knocked down, was being pummeled and couldn't do anything. The Sakuraba one was particularly stupid, as Saku would've sent him to the same hell Tito's elbows did to him like 3 years later.

He's been complaining about UFC 1 for 25 years!!!
The Sakuraba one was bad because after he took a punch, he thought about it for a moment, and then turned away and went down willingly. Yes, he complained about the stoppage in an interview after. I am forced to respect him as a fighter for the years he was an actual competitor. He should have just gone full time into PW around 1996 for sure.

The Sakuraba one was bad because after he took a punch, he thought about it for a moment, and then turned away and went down willingly. Yes, he complained about the stoppage in an interview after. I am forced to respect him as a fighter for the years he was an actual competitor. He should have just gone full time into PW around 1996 for sure.

Yeah, he could've made money and not have to fight if he stayed in pw. Stupid to roid up like that for like 4 years, then try to come down in your mid 30s.

Yeah, he could've made money and not have to fight if he stayed in pw. Stupid to roid up like that for like 4 years, then try to come down in your mid 30s.
He was really done after the Fujita fight, at which time he was like 32. That was it.

Ken fears no one

and no one fears Ken

the laughing stock of mma for years.

I thought about a minute if there is any other fighter in existence making so much excuses and did quit that often. Cant think of anyone.

Happy for him if Valor Bare Knuckle works out. I am very sceptical with Kens track record of lying and scamming but for once it seems everything went well.

I thought about a minute if there is any other fighter in existence making so much excuses and did quit that often. Cant think of anyone.
he wouldnt let his students quit a fight even if they were exhausted and taking a beating

he wouldnt let his students quit a fight even if they were exhausted and taking a beating

Yeah I know that. He was a brutal coach while at Lions Den.

For a time he lived by these standards himself, then became a huge hypocrite.

and no one fears Ken

the laughing stock of mma for years.

Happy for him if Valor Bare Knuckle works out. I am very sceptical with Kens track record of lying and scamming but for once it seems everything went well.
one of his former trainers was on a podcast recently and said something to the effect of "with fighters, I understand a bit of lying on behalf of your career, we all tell golden stories of ourselves but with ken, the lying went pretty much with everything" - I thought that was a fascinating acknowledgement of career cultivation in the fight game, you don't tell people you're not the person for the job

one of his former trainers was on a podcast recently and said something to the effect of "with fighters, I understand a bit of lying on behalf of your career, we all tell golden stories of ourselves but with ken, the lying went pretty much with everything" - I thought that was a fascinating acknowledgement of career cultivation in the fight game, you don't tell people you're not the person for the job

Imo with Ken he cultivated an ego way above his real skill level and transcended that into all aspects of his life. Like you wrote in parts you have to do that to even step into the ring but Ken basically wanted to be a superhero and worshipped like that. He could never cope with looking at his weaknesses and thats why he did not evolve as a fighter or human at all.

When reality clashed in he started the lying to others and himself to the point of being a pathological liar out of habit. i am really amazed someone trusted him enough within the Valor Bare Knuckle Org. He better not fuck it up because I dont think he will get many more opportunities.

Back