Kelvin's Chin is Unreal

319full-david-tua.jpg

David Tua might have a better chin.

Those legs.. Damn. Tua was a beast.

Robs gloves were loaded with bacon.

P4P GOAT chin.

It's crazy. He eats these strikes, his head pops back (that alone would do damage), and he just keeps coming forward.

I wonder when it'll catch up to him though. Dude is so tough.
Chin ... and skin
Barely gets cut or bruised
If you saw the faces at the end of fights the opponent normally looks worse even if he loses .

Damn shame he never went back to 170. He coulda beat woodley for sure

Don’t know what his current contract is, but I feel like he’s Bellator bound eventually. His UFC career has peaked, IMO

True. He ate some super clean shots from Whitaker yesterday and just kept coming forward.

He really needs to drop down in weight though.

He has talent that is being wasted fighting guys too big for him.
He may lose a piece of that chin if he goes down, but god damb its annoying seeing him waste his career fighting ATLEAST one weight class above where he should be

Israel dropped him few times. I noticed Gastelum sometimes has trouble saying few words... I don't want to be oversensitive on fighter interviews and hysterical about CTE, but Gastelum historically ate quite a lot of hard shots and usually chins through fights more than evades.

whittaker isn't too big for him.

He looked like a muscular tiny version of Rob. It was really noticeable. Doesn't make him any less powerful. Like Whittaker said, he hits like a truck.

That's no longer an option because the ufc will not let him take a fight at 170 anymore after missing weight so many times. It's not up to kelvin anymore so people need to just stop asking him to go down

That was a long time ago though. I think if KG was committed to dropping down to WW again they would give him another chance.

Agreed. I'm worrying/assuming that sometime perhaps not too long down the road it will suddenly not be there anymore. Like his bucket has to be almost full already. Buy guys like Hunt and Big Countrys' chins lasted for a really long time.
I read that as Big Country having many chins....which is also true I guess.

Yes! 100% true. Gastelum has an EPIC chin, he has never ever been knocked out or stopped with strikes, he has that typical epic fat fighter chin and also his head is built like a square asteroid. I think Ngannou would struggle to knock him out to be honest.

such a shame. he can take shots from MW when he technically should be fighting at WW. All of those WW shots would feel like taps to him.

Yep, Rob's trademark right high kick after punches landed clean and Kelvin didn't see it coming. Same move that put away both Jacare and Brunson. Kelvin just takes all the shots, stumbles back some and keeps hunting for exchanges. Adesanya threw the kitchen sink at him as well. Huge rock head, up there with Hunto, Hendo and those guys.

Yep hes a warrior man imo his offense is solid and he understands how to use it. His issue is head movement and defensive movement in general when it comes to boxing or striking.

To be his size and fighting these guys with more reach you really gotta know when to defensively dip or duck not only for defense but to use it for offensive positioning also.. To land youre own fire power and make the lean on that back foot and get defensive.

The guy can strike he needs work his d man vs izzy vs till and rob who doesnt have the best reach they just kept him back and only allowed to rush and he gets peppered at this weight class because of it.

Great chin but Whittaker doesn't exactly put a lot of mustard on his strikes.

The head snapping back isn't that bad when you see it coming but cant avoid it completely...its almost like rolling with it.

Back