Kelvin Gastelum VS. Israel Adesanya fight of the year candidate

TomTomNT

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Yay or Nay? I thought the fight was amazing.

Sorry folks, all the fight bonuses already taken by this fight

Yeah.. frustrating to watch Kelvin not finish him when he clearly was very close.

Fun fight though

Great fight, especially the 5th round, was incredible.

The fight that neither fighter wanted to finish. So many opportunities to capitalize on both sides.

I still think Luque/Barberena was better but this shit was fucking crazy. Definitely a FOTY contender

Nobody should be able to disrespect Israel now. Guy's a true fucking warrior

Great fight, Kelvin has some serious heart but he got pieced up in the final round.

No way SB makes it past a guy with range and power. Ever. Kelvin put on a hell of a show.

That was a war and a half.

Kelvin is so tough, and Adesanya is done being underrated in any way. It was like Hunt/Bigfoot, but this one has a clear winner.

Kelvin going for that TD in the 4th = Worst decision of the year

Adesanya is looking more and more average as the fights go on. Whittaker would waste this fool.

For sure at the top of the list. Super impressed from adesanya. That shouldve been a stoppage but goddamn, super impressed from both. Adesanya more though, wrote him off before

FOTY contender for sure! Excited for Poirier Holloway next too

Kelvin screwed himself by not only shooting for a TD when he had Izzy rocked, but also by making that the only time he even tried to take Adesanya down. He’s got collegiate wrestling chops and he tries to strike with strikers. As a Kelvin fan that’s disappointing, but I’m also stoked as an Adesanya fan; The arrival of Israel is upon us.

Kelvin screwed himself by not only shooting for a TD when he had Izzy rocked, but also by making that the only time he even tried to take Adesanya down. He’s got collegiate wrestling chops and he tries to strike with strikers. As a Kelvin fan that’s disappointing, but I’m also stoked as an Adesanya fan; The arrival of Israel is upon us.
But thats part of the game, fight IQ, that takedown attempt was pretty mind blowing, but both fighters had their chances to finish the fight, we cant just look at 1, there was plenty of opportunities.

Back