Rumored Kelvin Gastelum vs Edmen Shahbazyan likely happening soon

True but Till is a but more mature and seasoned than Edmond. As i said I could see either guy winning. But for Kelvin this could potentially be his 4th L in a row. Or back to back devastating losses for a VERY young prospect with plenty of potential.

One of those outcomes are guaranteed with this matchup. I know there are no "easy" fights but Edmond should not be fighting up in rankings after a bad loss like that. That's just bogus match making and management.

But UFC does fuck up sometimes.

Till is seasoned and mature yes, but they had similar trajectories. Till until he fought Cowboy was relatively unknown but had some hype. He steamroll him and goes on to fight Wonderboy. From then on, Win or Loss he's been in the deep end with the best of the best.

For Edmen yeah he might not have AS much experience but once you fight a guy like Brunson who was already skidding down the Rankings himself, the fights don't really get much better or easier, and that's what I'm getting at. Yes you could argue this fight is Bad for both, but on the flip side, if he was given an "easier" fight people would also be upset saying he's getting preferential treatment. So no matter what UFC does they won't please everyone.

I like the decision because it essentially let's the cream of the crop rise to the top. If Edmen is truly all he's hyped to be and he encountered a minor set back against a name guy like Brunson why give him FAR easier competition. Till went from Cowboy to fighting 5 Killers across 2 weight divisions.

Edmen's not going to get his hand held and I respect that. He already punched his way into the UFC and fought his way into the Rankings beating Tavares for one, no point in sending him back down, to eventually send him back up to where he gets Beat again, and rinse and repeat. It's sink or swim.

They both don't need the fight, you're right, neither can afford a loss, I personally like Gastelum in this, but either Edmen belongs or he doesn't. It didn't take Ronda to get folded out of fighting and she only suffered 2 losses, if Edmen is as mentally frail than we'll see what happens when he loses, see if that shit didn't rub off on him as well.

Dana's not pulling any punches, and I like it. Besides, when you look at his contemporary in Khamzat, I think he has an easier fight than Chimaev does against Edwards.

Shahbazyan is probably still having nightmares of Brunson pounding him to a pulp. No way he signs up for a bout with another wrestler with game striking

This isn't right. I could see either guy winning honestly but both can't afford another devastating loss. Makes no sense.
This fight really doesn't make any sense. It is a step back for Gas, and with the Shabam coming off a beating, shouldn't be getting a fight that is even bigger step up. But hey, UFC gonna UFC.

Edmen is better than people are assuming here, he took a round off Brunson, he just needs some adjustments to his TDD and pacing.

People forget eye pokes provoke adrenaline dumps for most unexperienced cases. I still stand that Edmen dumped hard.

If true rip to Edmen

another prospect about to get buried

What do you guys think betting line would be for Shahbazyan vs Gastelum? I'm thinking around -150 in Gastelum's favor?
If so, I'm putting $150 on Gastelum. I actually think Shahbazyan has championship potential, but the kid is only 22, give him a chance to develop and learn to pace himself a little and learn to fight through adversity against a similar level fighter.
I put a $30 bet on Brunson against Shahbazyan to win like $100 and I was definitely sweating it in the first round when Shahbazyan was throwing and landing some bombs. But Brunson is a well rounded top 10 guy in his prime as is Gastelum.
Shahbazyan's management and coach are either deluded about his greatness or too greedy and wanted to cash in on youngest champ or once-in-a-lifetime talent angle or something.

This could easily be 4 losses in a row for Kelvin

4-5 in his last 10 with 1 NC, yikes I didn’t know it was that bad

Gas will eat Shaban's pillow fisted punches like they are nothing and then KTFO him. I like it. Make it happen Daner

I was kinda hoping for a step down or so for Edmen's next fight given the way he looked in his last fight and his still young age.. maybe there is still time for him to grow into what we all were hoping for but sending him to another elite guy like that.. I dunno

I don't like it either. Both of these guys need a tune-up fight.

True but Till is a but more mature and seasoned than Edmond. As i said I could see either guy winning. But for Kelvin this could potentially be his 4th L in a row. Or back to back devastating losses for a VERY young prospect with plenty of potential.

One of those outcomes are guaranteed with this matchup. I know there are no "easy" fights but Edmond should not be fighting up in rankings after a bad loss like that. That's just bogus match making and management.

But UFC does fuck up sometimes.
Ronda is his manager so, you know.....

Risky matchup for Shahbazyan. Not sure a win really does anything for Gastelum either.

<{dayum}>

Kelvin by KO. Apparently the mauling Edmen just got from Brunson didn't deter the UFC from wanting to push him into an even harder (IMO) match up.
Yeah. Gastelum vs Brunson would’ve been better match up. Edmen is just outmatched here.

Bad match making. Kelvin is extremely talented. I wouldn't be shocked if he was able to beat Izzy down the line, (assuming he wins a few). He will clean that chin out of a young man who should have a better match up.

Kelvin is 4-4-1 @ MW and should be 3-5-1 considering the Jacare decision. Hes mostly been beating up on completely washed up fighters

If Edmen beats him Kelvin is done and we can stop pretending he was a top MW

I guess the UFC doesn’t want to build Shabazyan anymore after the beating he got in his last fight
This is surely a fight he is supposed to get smoked in, and badly
Can’t imagine he does much better in this one, he has no defence

Both guys have Ronda Rousey as a mentor.

Back